INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't access media server [Solved]  (Read 681 times)

gottwavo

• World Citizen
Can't access media server [Solved]
« on: March 01, 2024, 04:27:39 pm »

Accessing the media server with Gizmo worked fine so far. Today - after a few days of not using it - I recognized Gizmo does not connect anymore. I see this message when I try to "test the connection to this server":
"Library Server could not be registered with JRiver.
You need a connection to the internet and it can not block outgoing http connections from Media Center"

Any solution and help? Any advice?

KilburnKid

• Recent member
Re: Can't acces media server
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 05:42:02 pm »

I am not using Gizmo but I cannot access libraries via media server on any install of MC32 nor can I set up new access code. Same error message re 'test connection to this server' as OP

Waterford853

Re: Can't acces media server
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2024, 07:18:21 pm »

I am on MC23 and have the same problem.  Went into Defender and enabled everything associated with MC but that did not help.  I can't determine what is blocking it.   Worked early in the day then failed late this afternoon.  :P

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't access media server
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2024, 09:53:37 pm »

Update Windows Defender.  Use a Google search.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2024, 10:07:16 pm »

May be related to this post about Windows update (?)
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,114964.msg959428.html#msg959428

Not exactly the same error message as you report.  Longshot:  Try resetting the access code on the server and entering the new code into Gizmo.  A hassle no doubt, depending on how many devices are tied to the old server access code.  Not something I've done yet.

Jitters5637

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2024, 05:16:23 am »

Dear jriver team,

I have the same problem here in germany. I am using MC32 Mac Server and the gizmo app stopped working this morning. It can not connect the library server. The Library server is still running, internet connection is fine without restrictions. Connection test returns error message: Library Server could not be registered with jriver. Now I have deleted and tried to generate a new access key but it can not be generated and returns the same error.

A friend of mine called with the same error running his own jriver MC32 licence on Windows 11 in different building.
Maybe you should check your registration server.

Regards,

Kasi

gottwavo

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 06:35:03 am »

After trying to update Defender - which wasn't successful - I still have this problem. Even stopping Defender did not help.

@JimH: Could you give some detailed advice on how to upgrade Defender for Windows? I searched Google an found a few things, that did not do it or did not help or did not explain clear enough what to do. My system is Windows Server 2016 - and yes I know, MC was never designed to run on Windows server, but did it for 20 years.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 07:21:01 am »

Same here.  I used Tools - Options - Media Network - Access Key - Test Connection and got the error message

"Library Server Could not be registered with JRiver.
You need a connection to the internet and it can not block outgoing http connections from Media Center"

Gizmo also will not connect.

I did a Windows update yesterday - not sure if that is related or not.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2024, 07:27:35 am »

Our Access Key server may be down.  You can use the IP address of the server instead of the Access Key. 

This may not be fixed until Monday.  I'm sorry.

deckman

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2024, 07:34:41 am »

Same problem with MC30 on linux mint. Been using JRiver & Gizmo for many years with out problem, fine yesterday and today.. 'Library server could not be registered with jriver' Checked everything, nothing has changed, no updates, all settings OK. Ran up my backup PC with another instance of MC30, (different access key) same result. I use MC30 on a headless unit and connect to the TV for 'maintenance' only as I only need audio. Not being able to use a remote = not listening to my music, which sorta sucks!

Spent over 2 hours checking, re checking, have no idea how to fix this.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2024, 07:42:07 am »

Use the IP address of the server.   My post above yours.

deckman

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2024, 07:46:13 am »

Ha, just saw the post about the 'Access Key server may be down' and I only just realized that the problem may be outside my LAN.  I'm relieved it's not a problem at my end. In fairness to JR I think you get so used something that works, and works well, that you take it for granted, until you don't have it....

Guess I'll have to get the vinyl out.......

Have a good weekend

deckman

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2024, 08:06:38 am »

Following on from my previous post , when I think about it I’ve must have been using JRiver media centre for well over a decade now, starting on a huge windows HTPC and now on a small purpose built Linux unit. There have been a few issues, for sure, its software! But overall I think its been a great experience, especially now it working so well on linux. So I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at the JRiver team and the community, great job, keep up the good work.

Mark :)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2024, 08:33:41 am »

You're welcome!  Thanks for taking time to say so.

J. Black

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2024, 09:10:00 am »

Hi Jim H,

New to MC. (it smokes Musicbee, btw) Paid user. Seeing this thread, I tried everything. I am using MO 4Media as a remote (paid for and worked yesterday) and am using the direct IP.

With the same credentials, Gizmo works fine.

MO refuses. It is connecting to the server, but when I open the library and press Shuffle + Play it freezes up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times to no avail.

I am wondering, since I have reinstalled both the Windows 10 program and Android app, could it be that I need that access key to reestablish the library connection, which I can't get, due to the license server being down?

Is this just me missing something?

flac.rules

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2024, 09:13:01 am »

I have a similar problem, maybe it can help in identifying the issue.

Runing a library server on 32, i can access it from my windows 11 machine with 31 on that machine, or from another machine with 32, but with my win11 machine i cannot connect with 32.

JimH

• Administrator

jack wallstreet

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2024, 09:38:33 am »

Jim,  I appreciate your being on top of things and your quick response.  (Using the IP address worked.)
John

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2024, 10:20:37 am »

It's because of database server upgrades. I switched it back to the old server for now and it works again. Updates over the weekend to IP addresses may be lost on Monday but they should automatically update on the timer then.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
Re: Can't access media server [Solved]
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2024, 04:22:37 pm »

Thanks Bob. Working for me.

Jitters5637

Re: Can't access media server [Solved]
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2024, 06:32:59 am »

Thank you Bob for fixing it.

Cheers, Kasi
Pages: [1]   Go Up