INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA broken in JRMC32  (Read 312 times)

Amfibius

• Recent member
DLNA broken in JRMC32
« on: March 09, 2024, 01:05:56 pm »

I installed JRMC32 today, and it copied all the settings from my working copy of JRMC31, including all the settings for Media Network.

I pulled out my tablet which has BubbleUPNP installed. My PC did not appear as a DLNA media server or a renderer. I tried the same with mConnect with the same result.

I unchecked and rechecked the Media Network tick box in both "Audio-Advanced Features" and "Media Network" and restarted JRiver. Same result. I rebooted the PC - same result.

I then exited JRMC32 and launched JRMC31. DLNA started working again. My PC now appears as a library and a renderer with JRMC31, but not JRMC32, using the same settings.

I am not sure if the software is broken, or I have missed a setting.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA broken in JRMC32
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 01:59:43 pm »

Try resetting the access key on the server while running MC32:
Options > Media Network > (click on) Access Key > Reset.

Write down the new Access Key and enter it on your client.  That should work for Android apps like MO 4Media, JRemote2, JRiver Panel, and Gizmo.  I think Android BubbleUPnP may prompt you to log in the first time.

If you have Authentication activated, you may need to reset that as well.
You can test with Authentication not selected.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 06:23:19 pm »

After re-reading your post more carefully:

All the suggestions in my first response require that the client at least see the server!

Apparently MC32 is not showing up as a server on your network at all.  In that case it is most likely a firewall issue in which MC31 is allowed through, but MC32 is not.  Check your Windows firewall settings.  In Windows Defender, be sure "Media Center 32" is an allowed app.  Similar for any other firewall, though Windows Defender is generally preferred for MC.

MC PC Server should show up in File Explorer Window > Network Devices > Server Name (Library Server).  If that's not happening, then I don't expect the tablet to see it.

Within MC32 check that its 5 network servers are running by looking at Tree > Services & Plug-ins > Media Network > Server
There should be entries in each server's Activity Log.  Five ports are shown (hidden) in the attachment, and each should be open in the firewall.  These ports are unlikely to change between MC31 and MC32.

Amfibius

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 10:43:31 pm »

After re-reading your post more carefully:

All the suggestions in my first response require that the client at least see the server!

Apparently MC32 is not showing up as a server on your network at all.  In that case it is most likely a firewall issue in which MC31 is allowed through, but MC32 is not.  Check your Windows firewall settings.  In Windows Defender, be sure "Media Center 32" is an allowed app.  Similar for any other firewall, though Windows Defender is generally preferred for MC.

MC PC Server should show up in File Explorer Window > Network Devices > Server Name (Library Server).  If that's not happening, then I don't expect the tablet to see it.

Thank you! This action resolved the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up