INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot disable DLNA option "Disable SetNext Support (For Broken Renderers)"  (Read 317 times)

jctcom

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Rush - Styx - Yes - Porcupine Tree - Staple Food!

This is in a way related to my thread here: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,135894.0.html

At or near the end of that thread JimH recommends trying some of the "DLNA Controller Options".

In test several of them out I discovered that the option mentioned above ( "Disable SetNext Support (For Broken Renderers)") seems to disable the gapless function.

For some time now I have had an issue with my Panasonic DP-UB820 where it will not play gapless (It is indicated in the specs that it should be able to).  When I look at this setting it is indeed enabled.  However no matter how many times I "Disable" it it always returns to "enabled" as soon as I start to play something.

Is there another setting somewhere that affects this so that I can turn it off permanently for this device?

Below is a screen shot though you may have to size down the web browser as I can't seem to make it fit.

Thanks in advance.

Carl.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Setting it on the wrong machine?

larryincmh

• Recent member

Perhaps each manufacturer/model has different capabilities that control that. I have a Sony UBP-X800 BD player and in JRiver for that device it does not have any of the choices enabled.  I was also able to toggle on the same things I did for my Yamaha A6A without the “SetNext” option coming on (which I did because the Sony kept dropping the connection until I turned on those items).

I was also successfully able to play some multi-channel via JRiver and my BD player to my system, although not without a few false starts depending on the size of the stream.  When I tried to play the same files directly to the A6A I got an error. (PS not sure why the image is upside down on the thumbnail but when I click on it then it displays correctly).

jctcom

Setting it on the wrong machine?
No I am trying to turn the option off and I am right clicking on my DP-UB820.  When I check it after having turned it off it is indeed off.  Then as soon as I play something it turns back on.

Would really like to not have this option turn on as I am pretty sure that is what is causing it to not be able to play gapless.

Carl.

jctcom

So does anyone from JRiver (Or anyone else) have any idea how to stop MC from force turning on the "Disable SetNext Support (For Broken Renderers)" for my DP-UB820?

Carl

larryincmh

• Recent member

Carl, have you found any workaround for this issue yet?  As I mentioned in your other thread that enabling those other options to disable various events has worked for my JRiver in that it no longer disconnects when playing DLNA, so I consider that part solved.  I do see you have this unique issue however.

There are some threads I found that speak to the SetNext issue with renderers.  Maybe you have seen those?  It seems JRiver queries the renderer for capabilities and then disables or enables various things like SetNext depending on the answer it gets to the query. Have any of these other threads provided even a clue as to where to start (other than testing another player).

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=125817.0

bob

• Administrator

What that means is that even though you think it supports SetNextAVTransportURI as far as MC is concerned it does not.
MC will try it using SetNext if it's not disabled and if it fails it will automatically disable it (if it didn't you wouldn't be able to play more than one track at a time).
You should be able to see this in MC's logs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up