INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movies on a NAS  (Read 229 times)

aaronthe barron

Movies on a NAS
« on: March 10, 2024, 01:19:46 pm »

hi everyone.
Please help me understand,

I have Synology nas, were i have movies in different folder as per language, like English, Hindi so on. Also, tv show with different language.

How , can I make folders like that in jriver 32, also when i import they all go in one heading movie. When is open jriver theatre view it's all messed up.

I tried to look for tutorial on YouTube , but cannot find one. All are for music.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Movies on a NAS
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 02:22:41 pm »

You could read about Import on the wiki.

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 02:52:03 pm »

hi everyone.
Please help me understand,

I have Synology nas, were i have movies in different folder as per language, like English, Hindi so on. Also, tv show with different language.

How , can I make folders like that in jriver 32, also when i import they all go in one heading movie. When is open jriver theatre view it's all messed up.

I tried to look for tutorial on YouTube , but cannot find one. All are for music.

Thanks

I too have my media on a Synology NAS and while I rarely use theatre view, I just tried it from my library (FLAC on one share/drive letter, Movies on another, and TV on a third) and when I click on the Video icon I can scroll to the right then click on the Disk icon, I can see the drive letters then drill down to the folders that I want to see. While there is probably an easier/better way to do this, this should work for now.

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 07:47:40 am »

I'm not an expert but I will try to help.

In Standard View you will need to right click on the top where it says Name, Media Subtype, etc, and select Language and Filename (Path)

Go to Video and sort by Filename (Path). This should sort all your videos by drive letter and folder.

Now select all the files that have a certain language based on their location. In the Language column right click and select Rename. Now enter a language.

This will allow you to change how things are displayed in Theater view but you will need to read up and ask questions on how to customize Theater View. I'm not an expert with that either but a quick look around in Options ->Theater View it looks like you can add a Root Library Item and customize it to show the videos with a certain language.

I think you can customize Theater View to show a file location too but not sure how. Either way you should probably tag your language column.

I hope that makes sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up