INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Stran1000 constantly losing contact with JRiver Media Player  (Read 244 times)

idlehands

I've recently bought a Sony Stran1000 AV receiver which among the other features, purports to have dlna functionality
My Windows 10 PC, Router and Stran1000 are all fully updated with latest drivers & firmware - I'm using the latest version of Media Player 32.

The Stran1000 shows up fine in MP32 once DLNA is setup. Songs play ok initially but then, after each song. the Stran1000 loses the network connection, followed by requesting I use the Sony version Media Player. Often the Stran1000 rediscovers the network and MC32, then will play another song, but ultimately ends up freezing both the Stran1000 (requiring switching power outlet off to switch it off) and freezing MC32(requiring task manager to close it).

Some help with this annoying problem would be much appreciated.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
Re: Sony Stran1000 constantly losing contact with JRiver Media Player
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 12:28:57 pm »

You could try using the Whitebear Media Renderer Analyser to see what is going on. It might suggest some JRiver settings to make it work.
https://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

Alex_W

• Recent member
Re: Sony Stran1000 constantly losing contact with JRiver Media Player
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 07:55:14 pm »

I own the STR-DN1080, the predecessor of your AN1000... was wondering if I should consider an upgrade, since my 1080's power supply is quite noisy (to my ear).  Sony's implementation of DLNA is... a little strange, TBH. There are undocumented quirks, so to speak. One that I found is a conflict with GoogleTV dongle: if it is selected, the HTR refuses auto-switch to "Network" when DLNA controller tells it to, and MC&JRMP becme very confused...

My DN1080 is ethernet-wired to the LAN, so no dropouts even with 6.1ch DSD (~20Mbit bandwith). if you are wi-fi'ed into your LAN, you will very likely experience dropouts...
I'd try to play yuor music via AN1000's interface... you know, that clunky piece you get to when pressing "Home" button on your HTR's remote, then "Listen", then "Network", then select your DLNA server, etc, etc.
Also, I hear this version of Sony HTR has recently been "Roon-tested" -- so, just for giggles, I'd try that just to exclude MC as culprit.

Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up