INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ways to access MC database file on Android Tablet. Pdf or other format?  (Read 251 times)

baldo

• World Citizen

Is it possible to browse through my MC library database on my tablet without using JRemote to link into the library?

Odd question so here is some back ground.
I have 3 MCs on 3 machines. I can view each of these through JRemote on my lenovo tablet.  Ok so for.

however, I have to have one of the machines that MC is on switched on.  I would like to just browse through my library the way I would if I had it printed out. I could then decide what I wanted to listen to and then switch on the relevant machine, find the tracks and listen.

I am thinking that the best way to do this is to print out my library in a pdf format and then view the pdf from the tablet.   Is there another way of saving the library file and then loading it into my tablet. Of course I don't need actual access to the FLAC audio files, (total size is too big and will not fit on the tablet in any case).

Summary Solution:
Print out MC library in pdf format.
Access just the MC database file on tablet (without access to Audio files.)
Any other ways?

Hope that that makes sense. Thanks for your help in advance.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile

If you just want a list of files...  I might just go to the "Files" view in "Audio".   This should give you a list of all your tracks.  Sort by whatever column you want (say artist)... or adjust the view settings to sort by Artists... then Album... then track # maybe.  You might have to create a copy of the "Files" view to change the settings.  Then select all the files and create a new playlist....   say "All Tracks".  Export the playlist to simple M3U format.  I believe MS Word (or certainly notepad) will open the M3U file you just saved.  You can search and replace the path (//drive/whatever/) with a blank space.  Then you can save it as pdf.  ( I think Word will do that).  Or save it as .txt and Acrobat or some other pdf writer can be used.  Then copy the pdf to your tablet.  I'd bet the tablet might be able also the read either the M3U file or .txt.

Sounds like a lot of steps, but it's really easy.  I did it once... but then my server is always on, so I didn't really need the list.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Follow previous reply from @badger or similar to get a list of what you want in MC.  A playlist will work but is not necessary - any detailed view will do.

Select all MC cells, copy, and paste into a spreadsheet program, such as MS Excel.  You should get a clean list.  Adjust column widths, add column labels, format cells, page layout, etc. if needed.

Save the spreadsheet in its native format if you have a tablet app which can read it, or else save (or print) as PDF.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile

Select all MC cells, copy, and paste into a spreadsheet program, such as MS Excel.  You should get a clean list.  Adjust column widths, add column labels, format cells, page layout, etc. if needed.

Cool!  Even easier. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up