INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I find out how many machines I can install MC on?  (Read 236 times)

baldo

• World Citizen
How do I find out how many machines I can install MC on?
« on: March 11, 2024, 11:17:35 am »

I have MC installed on 3 machines. I bought a multi machine license.  I am just wondering how many installs I can have under my license. I have a Laptop that has linux and windows installed on and I was wondering if I can install MC in the various linux distros. Of course I'm only going to be using one install at a time.

Great if you can let me know how to figure this out.
Thanks

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I find out howm many machines I can install MC on?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 12:48:38 pm »

You can use the same license on all your computers and phones, within reason:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=129370.msg929303#msg929303

You can use them all simultaneously, either independently or in a Client/Server setup. You must install them all within a 14-day period - you can restore your license to get another 14-day window.

If you share your license key with a friend, JRiver will send their Ninja Squad to force you to eat sashimi with lots of wasabi.

baldo

• World Citizen
Re: How do I find out how many machines I can install MC on?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 03:22:54 pm »

I'm not sharing my license with anyone.  Don't really know anyone who would be as interested as I am in playing music the way I do!!! They all seem to go for spotify or other such c**p!!!

So if I install it on all my Linux Distros ( I think I have about 3 or 4 that I am playing around with) I can use the same licence key? 

I have a copy of the license key so I don't need to do a restore or anything like that.

Glad to know. I assume that I can just backup / restore the library from one machine to another.  ALthough I will have to figure out how to do that in Linux!!

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How do I find out howm many machines I can install MC on?
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 03:27:14 pm »

So if I install it on all my Linux Distros ( I think I have about 3 or 4 that I am playing around with) I can use the same licence key? 
Yes.

I have a copy of the license key so I don't need to do a restore or anything like that.
The license key file (.mjr file) is only valid for 2 weeks. You can get another one by using the Restore License page.

Glad to know. I assume that I can just backup / restore the library from one machine to another.  ALthough I will have to figure out how to do that in Linux!!
With that many machines you should have one acting as your MC server (on 24/7) and all others connecting to it as MC Clients. That way you see the same info/tags everywhere, while still being able to have different views on each machine. Importing and some other stuff would need to be done on the server only though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up