INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nomad Jukebox 3 Support  (Read 1455 times)

Solase

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Nomad Jukebox 3 Support
« on: February 10, 2003, 09:04:15 am »

I read a customer review that talked about the Media Jukebox 8 and it's ability to upload soundtracks and playlist.  In his review (found here under Arun Grupta):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/electronics/B000068OJM/customer-reviews/2/ref=cm_rev_next/104-1465806-1364722?show=-submittime

he states that the Media Jukebox 8 plug-in for the Nomad Jukebox 3 does not upload playlist.  Is this true and if so does the company plan on fixing this issue?

I'm waiting to receive my MP3 player in the mail and I'm looking for an "all-in-one" utility to allow me to do everything from burn MP3's for it to upload playlist.  Your input on this product and how well it supports the Nomad Jukebox 3 features is greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Nomad Jukebox 3 Support
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 09:30:56 am »

Someone will probably answer this, but you could try a search here while you're waiting.

Solase

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 09:38:40 am »

Someone will probably answer this, but you could try a search here while you're waiting.

Have done a search on Nomad with no results linking to my question  :( .  So I'll just wait til someone reads this and answers this for me.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 10:15:05 am »

Solase,

MJ 8 will allow you to upload files into a Playlist. If you are looking for synchronization capabilities so that you can have MJ automatically send your Playlists, this will be available in Media Center with the Nomad Plugin.

Steve

Solase

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 10:31:54 am »

Solase,

MJ 8 will allow you to upload files into a Playlist. If you are looking for synchronization capabilities so that you can have MJ automatically send your Playlists, this will be available in Media Center with the Nomad Plugin.

Steve

Okay, I'm lost.  I was asking about Media Jukebox 8 having this ability.  Is the Media Center a part of MJ 8 ?  Or is it a seperate program?  And if so, do I need to purchase it on top of MJ 8 ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 10:43:01 am »

We have two products now.  You can find out about Media Center here:

www.mediajukebox.com/mc

There is a comparison table linked from there.

Solase

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2003, 10:54:35 am »

We have two products now.  You can find out about Media Center here:

www.mediajukebox.com/mc

There is a comparison table linked from there.

Okay thanks.  So from what I understand, Media Center supports "playlist upload" to the Nomad Jukebox 3 players, but Media Jukebox 8 does not.  I hope that's right...

Solase

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2003, 11:20:01 am »

The MC (MJ9) plug-in for the Nomad Jukebox 3 .  Is it available?  Or do we use the MJ ver. 8 plug-in for this?

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2003, 12:21:37 pm »

Solase,

If you go to the following link....

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/plugins.html

You will be able to select Plugins for either MJ or MC.  A Plugin for Nomad Jukebox exists for either product. You must use the appropriate Plugin for whatever product you are running.

In MJ you can manually create a Playlist and then populate it with files. MC will automated this although the current Plug-in does not. It should be ready in a few days.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up