INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android "partner" music player app for MC32 Macos  (Read 152 times)

jacobair

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Android "partner" music player app for MC32 Macos
« on: March 20, 2024, 05:30:44 am »

hi, does anyone have a recommendation which Android music player app works well with files from MacOS Media Center?

This question seems to have been raised before, but all the way back in 2011/2012.

I am looking for best integration of database features as rating, coverart, volume levelling, sound processing, quality

Not looking for best streaming client or remote, but working with actual files imported from my macbook.

Would be great if you could share your experience & have a great day ;-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Android "partner" music player app for MC32 Macos
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 07:33:07 am »

Assuming the files on the Mac are in a format that an Android player supports, any player should work.  You can right click on a file in MC and convert it.

Describing your setup might help.  Is the Android device portable?  A phone, for example?

jacobair

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Android "partner" music player app for MC32 Macos
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 07:23:34 pm »

THX a lot for the quick reply and sorry if I was not clear enough.
My music "home" is the Macbook, the setup with Media Center is perfect, I love MC 32 and am relatively familiar with the functionality.
Converting and exporting files is no problem, neither is the transfer to my mobile device (smartphone Galaxy Note 20).
Again: playing files on the mobile device with a variety of players and all kinds of file formats is NO problem at all.

Where I see potential to enjoy music even more on the go - is if one of these mobile players (=Android apps) would mirror some of the wealth of info and functionality from the Media Center database. I would even be happy (as a start...) if the mobile player would display the 1-5 star ratings from the database (if they are saved with the file.
If all this doesn't make sense, let me rephrase the question: which music player app are you (my fellow media center users... ;-) ) using on your mobile devices (especially those with Android devices).  ?

regards from Southern Germany
Pages: [1]   Go Up