INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My PLAYLISTS Column Preset Only Saves 1 Playlist At A Time, Not All My Playlists  (Read 349 times)

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck

I have 2 column presets, one for ALBUMS and one for PLAYLISTS.

When I choose my ALBUMS preset it affects all my albums. That means if I select that preset for 1 album it changes all albums to that preset.

But when I choose my PLAYLISTS preset, it only changes the columns for the playlist I'm on then.
My other playlists don't change.

If the albums all change, how do I make all my playlists change too?

Hard to believe a setting in MC32 would prevent this from happening so please help me sort it out so my PLAYLISTS column preset is global like my ALBUMS one.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

With MC32 you can select multiple playlists in the tree and right-click > Column Presets to load the presets for all the playlists.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck

Doesn't work for me.

Please post detailed steps on how my playlists column preset will affect all my playlists.

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck

I'm sure someone here can explain to me how to make my PLAYLIST column preset affect all my playlists and not just one at a time. It has worked for me before on older MC version but has never worked on MC32 so far.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!

I'm sure someone here can explain to me how to make my PLAYLIST column preset affect all my playlists and not just one at a time. It has worked for me before on older MC version but has never worked on MC32 so far.
If anyone could tell you, it would probably be the guy who writes the MC code ;D.  What Matt advised in his earlier post works fine for me.  I created a picture in the event that may help.

Note that if the List Style of the tab your viewing (see the Tab Menu) is Thumbnails or Album Thumbnails, performing the action Matt noted (and what I show in my attached pic) does not automatically change it to a list. Manually change the list style (from the tab menu) from thumbnails to list for each playlist affected, and you will see the updated column layout.  The manually updated thumbnail-to-list style persists across MC sessions (for each playlist previously shown as thumbnails), so you should not have to repeat that process.

Hopefully that was clear.

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck

I can't select multiple playlists by right clicking on my playlists and I can't see where to change the tab menu.

Trying to select multiple playlists by right clicking doesn't work.

You're assuming it does.

These are the options I get when I right click on playlists, a smartlist, a playlist, the playlist top menu and the columns menu on the right.

Please post screenshots showing me what to change.

I can't believe it's this complicated and has taken this long just to try to get my playlist preset to affect all my playlists.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!

• Expand the Playlist Folder
  • Select the first Playlist
  • Hold down your shift key, and left-click the last playlist - this will select all the playlists in-between
             NOTE: Shift-click within an item list as described above is a universal function across all (Windows) programs to select a contiguous list of items
  • Right-click to show a menu with 2 choices: Delete, and Column Presets
  • Click Column Presets and choose your desired custom column layout

Will N. Dowd

• Junior Woodchuck

• Expand the Playlist Folder
  • Select the first Playlist
  • Hold down your shift key, and left-click the last playlist - this will select all the playlists in-between
             NOTE: Shift-click within an item list as described above is a universal function across all (Windows) programs to select a contiguous list of items
  • Right-click to show a menu with 2 choices: Delete, and Column Presets
  • Click Column Presets and choose your desired custom column layout

Thank you sir, it worked! You're awesome!

That's the only way I could see those 2 options, never saw them before.

Thanks to everyone here that helped me but the most thanks to you for solving it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up