INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library sync fails  (Read 143 times)

Fred H

• Recent member
Library sync fails
« on: March 26, 2024, 09:38:36 am »

I want to sync my Id library with my PC library. I've tried two approaches and neither works.

Approach 1: Enabled automatic library sync - this syncs the library but it also disables the Access Key and I can't use JRemote, as I prefer to do. (And when I turn the automatic sync off the Id reverts to its unchanged local library.)
Q1: Is my Id software too old? It is Id 25.0.18  MC 30.0.96  Engen 1.0.69.
Q2: Should I use JRemote to connect to the Id through my PC in some way?

Approach 2: Manual library sync - I can't get this to work. The program accepts the PC library Access Key but then asks for login info for my PC. When I enter it the first time and press OK nothing happens. Then, when I enter it a second time MC crashes. It I keep pressing OK without entering it again MC crashes after 2-4 presses. It comes back up in a minute and remembers the PC Access Key, but the PC login info is lost. (Also, the popup box to enter the code seems flaky; I need to resize it to use it.)

I prefer Approach 1 but will use 2 if I can get it to work.

TIA,
Fred

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library sync fails
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 01:32:44 pm »

I don't think it's a MC version issue.
Try creating a JRemote server entry using the IP address of the client machine not using the access code. Assigned a fixed DHCP lease to the client if you haven't already.

Fred H

• Recent member
Re: Library sync fails
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 02:01:46 pm »

I found the solution: I was providing the PC's username/pw instead of the PC's MC instance's username/pw. When I tried that login it immediately synced the libraries.

bob, I don't understand your suggestions.
     The JRemote server entry already has the IP address of both machines.
     I couldn't find how to assign a fixed DHCP lease; and, "by client" I'm assuming you meant the Id.
Pages: [1]   Go Up