INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA renderer disappears - HIFI ROSE  (Read 410 times)

wtrimble

• Recent member
DLNA renderer disappears - HIFI ROSE
« on: March 31, 2024, 07:35:39 pm »

Hi, I have a HIFI Rose RS250a that is a network streamer. It has DLNA capabilities. I'm trying to control it using Media Center 32. It will pop up as a media renderer (I think that is the right term, but it pops up under Playing Now). It shows as "ROSE-15". However whenever I try to click on it, it quickly disappears. It will reappear again in 3-4 minutes but will disappear every time I select it. I was able to click on it one time and send music to it, but I have never been able to again. Can someone help with why it is disappearing. I do see ROSE-15 as a library under Playing from Main Library, so I know the Media Center sees it. It just won't keep it as renderer. Any help with this is appreciated thank you

wtrimble

• Recent member
Re: DLNA renderer disappears - HIFI ROSE
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 10:44:27 am »

Can anybody give me any tips for how to get a secure connection with DLNA? What to look for?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 11:57:18 am »

Explore the options in MC for the renderer.  Look for "for broken renderers".

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2024, 01:04:10 pm »

Right click on the renderer and try the various DLNA Controller Options.

wtrimble

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2024, 02:23:01 pm »

Right click on the renderer and try the various DLNA Controller Options.

Ok I will try this but it disappears everytime I click on it so I don't think I'll be able to right click on it

wtrimble

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2024, 02:23:30 pm »

Explore the options in MC for the renderer.  Look for "for broken renderers".

Ok thank you. I wasn't aware of this option. I will look into it

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2024, 03:28:30 pm »

If you can't get it working with the broken renderer controller option, turn logging on, get it to disappear and return report the problem under help->logging

rcforshee1

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024, 06:04:52 pm »

Not sure if you resolved but just made my first attempt here with my RS250 (only been using Roon but had been a long time MC user so thought I would try) and seems to be working fine.  I got it working in two different ways but unclear what is best / optimal.  Under Player -> Zone -> it automatically showed up as ROSE-AB for me.  All I had to do was select that and I could then play anything just fine, however it did not show any file attributes or anything in the Audio Path.  Just playing around under Player -> Zone > Link - I linked the ROSE-AB to "Player".  Exited the app, restarted and within Zone chose Player.  It started playing fine and then also displayed the file type and bit rate within Media Center.  The display on the Rose display seems to confirm those settings as well.  To be clear I am initiating play via MC on my desktop PC.   In Options -> Media Network the DLNA Server, Renderer and Controller checkboxes are checked (they were by default).
Pages: [1]   Go Up