INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualizers Anyone?  (Read 266 times)

toddelving

• Junior Woodchuck
Visualizers Anyone?
« on: April 05, 2024, 01:19:17 am »

Longtime fan of listening to my music through Sound Spectrum. I have recently gotten a new computer and am wondering if there are any alternatives to Sound Spectrum out there. I am looking for something that works with JRiver. It would be nice if JRiver could update their old visualizers.
Thanks for all of the suggestions in advance
Thank you

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Visualizers Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2024, 04:19:42 pm »

While it does not integrate directly with MC, Milkdrop3 is currently the best visualizer you can get IMO. In addition, it's free, open-source, and actively developed (latest version is from October 2023).
https://github.com/milkdrop2077/MilkDrop3

If you ever used Milkdrop or Milkdrop2 with Winamp in the past and still have the *.milk files from those installs, they will work perfectly with Milkdrop3.  You can also find bulk downloads of *.milk files. I downloaded one such zip file years ago that had 45,000 files in it, but it did have a lot of duplicates and a lot of duds (I have since culled that to approximately 12,000 files). Regardless, launching this spectacular visualizer as a standalone window makes it well worth downloading.

Perhaps with the future change in J River's ownership, integrating Milkdrop3 into MC and/or purchasing it outright might become a reality? I am crossing my fingers at least!  I am also crossing my fingers new owners won't gut and destroy the best media player there is.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2024, 04:38:36 pm »

Another great option is Wallpaper Engine. But it's not free like Milkdrop3 - it cost an outrageous $4 ;D. This incredibly well-featured program does live wallpapers, with Milkdrop and ButterChurn being among the live "wallpapers" you can choose from. Very highly recommended.

More information about that program in the thread below (reply 6 and 8 from me). But I imagine you are already aware of this option, as you are the OP of the thread from 2022.  Either way, repeating it here for others looking for visualizer options that have never seen that thread.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134151.msg929378.html#msg929378

toddelving

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2024, 05:27:07 pm »

Thank you for the information
Thank you

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2024, 12:48:04 am »

If you really must have them, Soundspectrum can still be used with MC32, you just need to do a little bit of dancing around...
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137909.msg956416.html#msg956416

I notice you have a new system so may not have the JMC dll files anymore. Extra dance steps... You'd need to install the last MC version the soundspectrum installers worked with, MC30 or 31, I think, and then run your soundspectrum installers like you used to.

toddelving

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 03:11:23 am »

Thanks for that info, I have just been using it with my zoom Mike and it works fine but the sound spectrum is on my old computer. I am going to check out Milk drop 3 also
Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up