INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 26.0.107 running very slow  (Read 1057 times)

fegelmej

• Recent member
MC 26.0.107 running very slow
« on: April 07, 2024, 09:32:20 am »

I am running a MC 26 on a WIN 11 desktop with Id running on a headless Raspberry Pi before the DAC.  I also have a MacBook running on an independent audio system. All have libraries built from the same NAS. The desktop is WiFi, but the Pi and MacBook are ethernet.   

Sometimes I use JRemote to connect to each of the servers rather than the WIN or MAC directly.  Sometimes I will access the PI library from the desktop and play that way.  Sometimes, I'll use the WIN installation and play "there." 

While finicky over the years, it's mostly been functional.  Lately however, things have gotten VERY slow on all three machines and regardless of DLNA.  Right clicks take forever to appear.  Next song load takes minutes.  Lots of drop outs on the MAC (though I did improve this by lengthening the buffer).  In addition, some songs simply won't load (Problem with the audio file location error).  If I wait a minute, I can select it again, and sometimes it will play. 

If it were just one machine, or set up, I would just reinstall MC.  As it seems to be affecting everything in a similar manner, I wonder if there's something about MC 26? The network is stable for other users (TVs, Desktops, phones, etc).  I can upgrade to MC 32, but if there's a direct fix for what I'm seeing, it will save me some trouble and dollars. 

As always, Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 26.0.107 running very slow
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2024, 10:48:18 am »

Try updating the firmware on the NAS.  Reboot it.

fegelmej

• Recent member
Re: MC 26.0.107 running very slow
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 05:29:53 pm »

Try updating the firmware on the NAS.  Reboot it.

Thanks Jim.  I should have known better than to blame MC.  Really appreciate your help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up