INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC retain source file resolution/fps  (Read 236 times)

slerch666

• World Citizen
MC retain source file resolution/fps
« on: April 08, 2024, 08:28:26 am »

I was pretty sure this was possible in older versions of MC, but I can't seem to find the settings anymore.

What I want is MC to send the source files at whatever resolution and frame cadence is encoded to my output device via HDMI.

This page is the closest I have found to explaining what to do, but it doesn't seem to be relevant when using JRVR. Do I need to choose something that isn't JRVR to accomplish this?

As far as WHY I am doing this, I want to try to compare what MC does (seems great to me) to what I can do w/ my Retrotink 4K for DVD quality content.
Being able to do silly things like adding scanlines and slot masks to MC output to have it look like CRT is also a goal for playing (I won't likely do this often), but I want to have as untouched a signal into the RT4K as possible before probably just going back to letting MC do the heavy lifting.

Any input on how to do video output based on source is appreciated.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC retain source file resolution/fps
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 08:32:27 am »

You can set MC in Video -> Display Settings to switch mode based on the original frame rate. We do not support or recommend switching to the video's original resolution, sorry.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

slerch666

• World Citizen
Re: MC retain source file resolution/fps
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 11:16:37 am »

You can set MC in Video -> Display Settings to switch mode based on the original frame rate. We do not support or recommend switching to the video's original resolution, sorry.
So best I can do is set what I had done.

Thanks for the verification!
Pages: [1]   Go Up