INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with “unable to connect to server”  (Read 132 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
Help with “unable to connect to server”
« on: April 14, 2024, 07:54:20 am »

Occasionally my MC server crashes. Then, the HTPC I use to play the music from this server can’t connect to it, obviously. I use JRemote to control things.

This causes me all kinds of headaches when I want to listen to music. The HTPC is only connected to my projector, and I don’t want to have to turn on my whole system to click the “retry” button so that I can then, with JRemote, establish a connection again.

Ideally, MC would do two things:

1) when the server crashes, it automatically tries to restart. This would fix problem 2.

2) when my HTPC can’t connect to the server, the popup “can’t connect” window would be optional. I would prefer being able to try to reconnect without having to deal with that popup.

Are there settings to make 1 and 2 possible?

Denti

Re: Help with “unable to connect to server”
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2024, 08:13:27 pm »

Anyone?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
Re: Help with “unable to connect to server”
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 06:57:01 am »

Occasionally my MC server crashes.

That should not happen, you should turn on Logging to try to find the cause. The most common cause is MC trying to auto-import a corrupt file.

Anyway, the easiest way to restart MC automatically is to create a scheduled task that runs "mc32" command periodically. This will start MC if it's not running.
The minimum interval that the Task Scheduler in Windows allows is 5 minutes, so that would be the maximum downtime you would get. For shorter intervals you would need to create a script, but that may cause problems when you're trying to reboot, upgrade MC, or close it for any other reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up