INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last version of MC that works on Windows 7?  (Read 271 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Last version of MC that works on Windows 7?
« on: April 14, 2024, 05:56:05 pm »

To use library server I need the same version of MC running on both machines (if that is no longer correct, please let me know).

The thing is I'm using the latest and greatest throughout the house except for the basement theater where we are still running a Win7 machine (and MC v19).  It works, so I'm scared of fiddling too much.... but I sure would love to have a single library and use it everywhere, to keep tags synced, etc.

Anyone still running Win7, and any issues with more modern versions of MC?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

craigmcg

• World Citizen
Re: Last version of MC that works on Windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 10:43:09 am »

I usually test new MC versions (32 in this case) on client pcs with the Library server PC running the master library on the last stable build of 31 to minimize risk to the library in the early builds. This being the case I believe that you should be able to connect from your basement pc running MC 19 to the library server running a current version. Some of the experts may be able to provide more details but I think that it's at least worth trying to connect from your MC19 theatre pc to the library server used elsewhere without any changes to the library being possible from the basement pc (for safety due to version differences etc.).

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 11:51:17 am »

At one point both the client and the server needed to be on the same version. That is no longer true, but I am not sure if 19 will work with 32. Its worth a try.

I use 32 on Windows 7, but it is not my primary system so I do not stress it much. But, the best I can tell  things work fine. I have not seen any reports of problems with 32 on W7. Worth a try with the 30 day trial.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 12:52:38 pm »

IIRC the only issue with win7 regards the local certificate store which could give issues using https (license server, etc)
Pages: [1]   Go Up