INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: might you add the feature preserve timestamp please ...please..?  (Read 228 times)

drugo

• Recent member

Hi
even i'm not an expert jriver media center user it's just amazing really

might you please add the feature preserve timestamp ?

it's beautiful tag , rate , add a cover direcly the files and keep the timestamp
just think about a smart playlist , new ripped cd or new added , and there are files ripped 1 year ago or more but it was just to rate them or tag them
really , almost free audio player can do it

it's a pitty , a wonderfull program like jriver media center could not do it

might you please add the feature preserve timestamp ? Maybe in the next release or soon , so i can try it before buying
thanks

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: might you add the feature preserve timestamp please ...please..?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 12:01:44 pm »

Sorry, but this is not a good idea. If the timestamp is not updated, how will your backup software know that the file changed? You do keep backups, right? :)

Just think about a smart playlist. Construct its rules to fit your purpose. [Date Modified] does not do that.

[Date Imported] would work better, and you can specify a time window if you like, such as, say, the last six months, or last six weeks, whatever works best for you.

-marko

drugo

• Recent member
Re: might you add the feature preserve timestamp please ...please..?
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 12:55:31 pm »

Sorry, but this is not a good idea. If the timestamp is not updated, how will your backup software know that the file changed? You do keep backups, right? :)

Just think about a smart playlist. Construct its rules to fit your purpose. [Date Modified] does not do that.

[Date Imported] would work better, and you can specify a time window if you like, such as, say, the last six months, or last six weeks, whatever works best for you.

-marko
Hi Marko
but all the software i have used can do it
about backup ? i use macrium and it can detect files not by the timestamp
but at least , could be added as feature ,just like other softwares , we could enable or disable
i guess could be a great idea
thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up