INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Errors and Crashing Navigating Wall Theater View  (Read 353 times)

umberto5585

• Recent member
Errors and Crashing Navigating Wall Theater View
« on: April 19, 2024, 01:15:50 pm »

Hey all,
Is anyone else experiencing challenges with simple scrolling and navigation of titles in Wall format Theater View?  Fairly large collection here, and love the interface of the Wall covers, but Im experiencing some headaches with this.  Often when i scroll to a title, attempting to select the cover usually zooms the cover in, but doesnt bring up the information and i find myself having to click it again.  Separate from this, Im finding that I select a title (and still see background art taking time to properly load) and sometimes out of nowhere, Media Center just closes randomly.  Im just wondering if there are some settings or hacks I need to situate in order to have a smooth experience because right now its just a bit frustrating.  Any insights appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Errors and Crashing Navigating Wall Theater View
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 01:17:06 pm »

Version, please.

umberto5585

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 01:26:17 pm »

Version, please.

Was experiencing this navigating titles on the most recent build 32.0.37.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 02:21:36 pm »

Try updating your video driver.

umberto5585

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 08:53:51 pm »

Drivers are up to date. Videos playing fine. Just a weird caveat. I select a title by cover, the movie info opens for a second and then backs out to the poster wall again. I have to effectively select any title twice to make it stay on that movie info. So strange. Really no one else?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 07:58:23 am »

Drivers are up to date. Videos playing fine. Just a weird caveat. I select a title by cover, the movie info opens for a second and then backs out to the poster wall again. I have to effectively select any title twice to make it stay on that movie info. So strange. Really no one else?
Maybe you're double clicking.  Try a single click.

umberto5585

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2024, 12:15:11 am »

Maybe you're double clicking.  Try a single click.
Nah. Just one single click of enter or ok on my remote in wall theater view. Title info comes up momentarily, and then jumps back out to wall with all titles,  with selected title cover still floating. Other times it closes media center entirely like its causing a crash. Nvidia gpu here and drivers seem up to date, library is over SMB network bur ive tested this on a separate laptop with hard drives connected and same deal. Cant figure it out for the life of me and i ain't double clicking. Hmm

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2024, 08:23:03 am »

Nah. Just one single click of enter or ok on my remote in wall theater view. Title info comes up momentarily, and then jumps back out to wall with all titles,  with selected title cover still floating. Other times it closes media center entirely like its causing a crash. Nvidia gpu here and drivers seem up to date, library is over SMB network but ive tested this on a separate laptop with hard drives connected and same deal. Cant figure it out for the life of me and i ain't double clicking. Hmm
Try with a mouse or keyboard.

Latest driver isn't always best.  Try a Google search for similar problems.  MC is using 3D drawing in Theater View.

It may be having a problem just transferring over SMB.  Update the NAS firmware.  You could test local content to diagnose.

umberto5585

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2024, 12:27:24 pm »

Indeed.  Trying a few things with no luck.  What I did notice is that I still have Media Center 31 installed and can confirm that Theater View there navigates, selects and scrolls flawlessly and I dont see any of the same issues.  Wonder what would be the difference?

JimH

• Administrator

umberto5585

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2024, 01:41:01 pm »

Yeah Ive already added MC to the exclusion list per those instructions.  Interesting caveat.  In Theater view, strangely the "Grid" option works flawlessly navigating/selecting titles.  Its just the "wall" and "Recent" layouts where this fluke of I select the title with one click,it opens briefly, then it automatically backs out and i have to select it again (sometimes crashing Media Center) is happening. It almost seems like its something to do with loading the background art, logo icons and cast info associated with the recent updates to the theater build. Its hard to describe, almost wanna make a quick screenrecord of it.  I appreciate your help and responses btw! Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2024, 01:54:58 pm »

What antivirus software do you use?

What NAS?

umberto5585

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2024, 02:10:45 pm »

What antivirus software do you use?

What NAS?
Only Windows defender with the exclusions going although as I said this little fluke wasnt occurring on previous version 31.  My NAS is only an SMB share.  ONe laptop connected to external hard drives (this laptop also has JRiver current version) and directly connected still getting this select/back out error.  The other laptop is hardwired and JRiver library is accessed from SMB mounted network drives.  But again, same setup before with Media center 31 and I didnt encounter these Theater View errors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up