INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art no longer being added to new CD rips  (Read 134 times)

LPCD

Cover Art no longer being added to new CD rips
« on: April 19, 2024, 04:03:30 pm »

I'm apparently a few versions behind, running version 28. I haven't fired it up for a while, but have now been working on ripping a stack of CDs, and am very frustrated with the software. It used to automatically find cover art to go with newly ripped albums, but now it is not. I have not found a way to manually add cover art either. When I right-click on the generic music note icon for the album, and choose Cover Art > Get From Internet..., it takes me to a blank box with text that says "Your Library - No Cover Art", and no way to navigate to any art or files. This software used to just work, but what has happened? I'm sure the suggestion will be to upgrade to the current version, but why did the older version (that used to do all I needed) stop working? (The ripped audio files seem to be okay and play properly--its just the cover art function that has broken.)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art no longer being added to new CD rips
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 04:14:57 pm »

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,136204.0.html
When MC32 was released I'd guess MC29 is now oldest version that will get metadata from JRiver.

So your option is to upgrade or copy paste art manually or use third party tools

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 04:16:05 pm »

Use of our servers requires running version 29 or newer.  You can upgrade to MC32.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137399.0.html  Here's a $5 coupon.  WHYNOW

LPCD

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 04:50:54 pm »

So purchasers of older versions are required to pay for upgrades for the software to keep working? I only use the software to maintain my audio collection, and the newer versions appear to add advanced functions that I wouldn't need or use, which is why I haven't kept current. But I think once a customer has paid for the use of the software, it should continue working without being forced to pay for updates.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 08:44:49 pm »

The software will still work, but it won't have unlimited free access to our servers. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up