INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Change in the Spanish translation of Album Artists disrupts all smart playlists  (Read 183 times)

oct02

• Recent member

I have upgraded to the latest stable version of JRiver 32 on Mac (32.0.36) and all the smart lists I had set up in thumbnails view with the text:

Code: [Select]
[Name]
[Álbum de Artista] [Año]

They now look like this:

Someone has changed the translation and the only way to get the thumbnail text correct is to put it now:

Code: [Select]
[Name]
[Artista del Álbum][Año]

I have many smart lists created with this thumbnail text. Why has it been changed? Can it be reversed so that I don't have to change the thumbnail text one by one in all smart lists?

And another thing, why don't you use English for expressions and settings instead of translating them? Finding equivalences in these settings with translated expressions is much more difficult. It is not necessary to translate them, neither are the parameters in the parametric equaliser. The information on these kinds of details is in English and it would be more useful to leave them in English.

A greeting.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Probably don't translate the expression.  It should work fine if you use English for the field names.

It does work to use the translated version as well, but of course what you enter needs to match the translation.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

oct02

• Recent member

Probably don't translate the expression.  It should work fine if you use English for the field names.

It does work to use the translated version as well, but of course what you enter needs to match the translation.

Thanks, but it's the translation that has changed and I think it doesn't work with untranslated expressions. [Name] [Album Artist] [Year] Works.

In any case, if this is not remedied, I will have to change the expression in more than a hundred smart lists.

oct02

• Recent member

I am already changing the smart list expressions one by one. Much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up