INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Incorrect TV Series data  (Read 178 times)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
Incorrect TV Series data
« on: April 21, 2024, 10:45:19 pm »

I noticed that one particular TV Series that I recently added (Foyle's War) has out of sync episode information starting about half way through the series. The files names are all correct, use SXXEYY and are divided correctly into multiple seasons. But halfway through season 3 there is no episode summary and the next season repeats the episode information from season 3. All subsequent seasons use the information of the previous season.

This may just be an error in the database that was used to import the information but since the series came out a long time ago, I assume this kind of error would already have been detected at their end. Is there any other explanation?
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Incorrect TV Series data
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 07:00:30 am »

Networks sometimes re-cut a series with a different order or different number or episodes. DVD/BR releases can also be different than the original order and number of episodes.
You can check what TMDB has for that series - MC gets the info from there. If you believe it's wrong, you can create a TMDB account and edit the series there, though, as I mentioned, you likely just have a specific rip that is not the original one.

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/3163-foyle-s-war/seasons

Edit: I see TMDB has the alternate "DVD Order" episodes listed:
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/3163-foyle-s-war/episode_groups

You can get these by checking the box "Prefer DVD Episode Order" at the bottom of the Get Movie&TV Info dialog :)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 11:36:49 am »

Thanks for the link. The issue is that they have some seasons with only 2 episodes while IMDB has seasons with 4 episodes. If I rename all of the files to match TMDB, it should fix the problem automatically.

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 11:54:28 am »

If you open both links you'll see the "DVD Order" seasons all have 3 or 4 episodes.

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2024, 11:58:56 am »

I saw that after I ran into problems with my first attempt at a fix. The broadcast dates that show up in MC match the information from IMDB, not the dates in TMDB. When I switched to the TMDB layout I ended up with series 5 missing completely and an extra season of unidentified episodes as season 9.

I may just have to restore the original filenames from my backup and edit the information manually.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2024, 12:35:35 pm »

You can get these by checking the box "Prefer DVD Episode Order" at the bottom of the Get Movie&TV Info dialog :)

You just need to [re]set the Series and Episode fields, then do this ^^^ to get the info.
Pages: [1]   Go Up