INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favorites disappearing  (Read 355 times)

Steviewunda

• Junior Woodchuck
Favorites disappearing
« on: April 22, 2024, 09:13:21 pm »

I access my music downloads via View/Navigation/Music Downloads - which I add by navigating to my Music Downloads folder in JRiver's Drives & Devices, Explorer, then adding the appropriate folder (View/Navigation/Add to Favorites) which is on a mapped drive on my Unraid NAS. Having done this, I can access my music downloads via View/Navigation/Music Downloads, but this link keeps disappearing at random times. It might last a few weeks, days or hours. Is there an explanation for this, or should I be saving this shortcut using a different procedure? (I have previously posted about this issue but got no response - https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,135256.msg936712.html#msg936712)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Favorites keep disappearing
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2024, 09:29:49 am »

Try turning off the fix broken links option in import settings.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Steviewunda

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2024, 10:58:45 pm »

Thanks Matt - both 'Fix broken links' and 'Update for external changes' are already turned off

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 07:28:57 am »

If you just mean the favorites in View > Navigation, they're not related to the files.

But the save and load of those is really simple.

It loads until a name or path is an empty string.  It doesn't allow you to enter an empty name.

The option is here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 32\Properties\Tree Favorites

It's just a list of name and paths in the tree.

Steviewunda

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2024, 07:31:03 pm »

Thanks Matt - I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'If you just mean the favorites in View > Navigation, they're not related to the files'. I make the parent folder of the music downloads the Favorite (this is my Tree Favorites data in the registry - (14:Favorites (v4))(15:Music Downloads)(65:Drives & Devices|Explorer|Downloads (\\TOWER) (N:)|Complete|Music). What circumstances would make this disappear?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2024, 06:39:22 am »

So are your favorites that simple in the registry?  And "Music Downloads" goes away?  Is there anything that triggers it?

I can run on my end with the same favorite and see if I can ever see it go away.

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2024, 06:45:55 am »

If we handle a MCC_DELETE on that path the favorite is removed.  Could you be doing a delete on that folder?

Steviewunda

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2024, 12:57:37 am »

Yes my Favorites are that simple in the Registry - I only have one Favorite - 'Music Downloads'

I cannot think of a consistent (or inconsistent, for that matter) action that causes it to disappear.

No - I Rename, Move & Copy' the files I wish to Import, and delete the sub-folders within Music Downloads that I do not wish to Import. I do not delete the parent folder that the 'Music Downloads' Favorite was based on.

I am going to try always leaving a 'dummy' sub-folder of music files in the 'Music Downloads' Favorite to test whether deleting everything within the Favorite causes it to disappear

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2024, 08:03:37 am »

I'm guessing deleting a subfolder somehow triggers it.  If you figure out more please share.

Steviewunda

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Favorites disappearing
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2024, 03:49:04 pm »

Thanks Matt - will do
Pages: [1]   Go Up