INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone know of a surround receiver that works very well with DLNA?  (Read 144 times)

khpro59

• Recent member

I went through a lot of the forum to find an answer, but most of them didnt apply to MC 32 (which I have).

I want to listen to my MC LIbrary, at my computer, on a 3.1 channel system. I could not figure out the best way to do this. My PC does not have optical out, my DACMAGIC200M only supports stereo, so I was thinking of getting a DLNA surround sound receiver, and just using it as a DLNA hub. I have heard some receivers have great DLNA protocols, while others are trash. I was hoping to avoid the latter.

I only want to accomplish this because I already own passive KEFQ350's in 3.1 (L C R, SW), and they are actually mounted and everything on my walls for my vinyl setup. So a receiver would be a great addition to my setup.

Let me know if you have any good ideas so that I can listed on my 3.1 system! Would love to hear it.

I have 7 monitors at my computer, 1 of which is capable of DLNA (Samsung M50C), which I have tried to accomplish this with as well, but I dont think it can do anything but stereo

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy

I use a Cambridge CXR120 with DLNA from MC and never have any issues.

The receiver has a native streaming module for audio, and I use a Chromecast Ultra with BubbleUPnP for video. They are EoL but you can find them, or the bigger CXR200, second hand occasionally.

Any surround receiver with HDMI should work with a Chromecast or other streaming device with Bubble for DLNA.

thecrow

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen

If I understand correctly, you want to stream multichannel music over DLNA (not just stereo)?
To my knowledge there are very few AV receivers that can process multichannel music over DLNA, the one exception that comes to mind is the Sony 1080, but this does not support gapless playback and would not be regarded as audiophile quality.
The good news is MC is capable of doing this if you can find a device to receive it.
I use an Oppo 203 Blu-ray player, but again it is not gapless over DLNA.
If you find a solution I would be interested to hear about it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up