INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP! Sample Rate Issue  (Read 330 times)

getstew

• Recent member
PLEASE HELP! Sample Rate Issue
« on: April 24, 2024, 03:38:05 pm »

I'm not sure which way to turn here...

I have Media Center 31 on an M1 Mac Mini, connected thru USB to a pre-amp/DAC.
I recently had had to have the POWER amp repaired due to a crackle in one channel; this had nothing to do with the pre/DAC. Prior to getting the service done, they had me disconnect everything to isolate the problem. The power amp is back working correctly.

Issue: I used to click whatever song I want to play in MC31 and the correct (native) sample/bit rate would be output automatically. It would switch track to track depending on the native source.
I know this because anytime it was switched, the pre/DAC would display it.
"PCM 96khz" for example.

Now that its been reconnected, I am only able to get an the output of 44.1.

I, of course, went into Audio Midi settings and set the output to 192/24 (the max resolution of files on my external SSD).
This switches back to 44.1 when I hit play (don't recall if it goes to 24 or 16 bit).

I have Media Center outputting to "Core Audio" and have played with those outputs

Other than being unplugged, nothing has changed between my Mac and the pre/DAC, and this used to work flawlessly automatically switching based on the file.

I do remember this being an issue 2 years ago when I set all this, up, but don't remember how I got it corrected.
What can I try? Are there other MC31 settings or Mac settings I can check?

Thanks!

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: PLEASE HELP! Sample Rate Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 06:08:15 pm »

Have you checked the output format section of DSP studio in JRiver?  Sometimes when JRiver can't output it will try to set the settings to a "compatible" setting.  You might just need to switch the sampling rates back.

getstew

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2024, 10:38:17 pm »

Have you checked the output format section of DSP studio in JRiver?  Sometimes when JRiver can't output it will try to set the settings to a "compatible" setting.  You might just need to switch the sampling rates back.

I have not. I will give that a try shortly. Thank you so much!

getstew

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2024, 11:19:44 pm »

I have not. I will give that a try shortly. Thank you so much!

That was it!! Somehow the Override Output or whatever it is in DSP had the box checked and was set to play everything at 44.1.

You have given me some piece of mind. This is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!
It would be great if they removed that "feature."

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2024, 11:56:28 am »

That was it!! Somehow the Override Output or whatever it is in DSP had the box checked and was set to play everything at 44.1.

You have given me some piece of mind. This is greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!
It would be great if they removed that "feature."

The way it usually works is that when JRiver tries to play and can't at a certain sample rate it pops up a box that says "Playback could not be started using such and so settings do you want to try settings that might work?"  If you click "yes" on that box it does the thing where it sets DSP studio output format to fix the issue.  It's a feature that helps people setting up their systems for the first time or trying out new hardware, otherwise they'd just get a "this doesn't work, too bad!" error. 

But it is very easy to click through that box and not realize that it will stay configured that way indefinitely!  Glad you got it fixed :-)

getstew

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2024, 10:28:51 pm »

The way it usually works is that when JRiver tries to play and can't at a certain sample rate it pops up a box that says "Playback could not be started using such and so settings do you want to try settings that might work?"  If you click "yes" on that box it does the thing where it sets DSP studio output format to fix the issue.  It's a feature that helps people setting up their systems for the first time or trying out new hardware, otherwise they'd just get a "this doesn't work, too bad!" error. 

But it is very easy to click through that box and not realize that it will stay configured that way indefinitely!  Glad you got it fixed :-)

Yes, I suppose I could have clicked this without knowing while being frustrated when my power amp was crackling and then needed servicing. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up