INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Import Playlist Name But Not The Song Names  (Read 83 times)

pjcentral

• Recent member
Can Import Playlist Name But Not The Song Names
« on: April 25, 2024, 08:05:23 am »

As a user for more than a decade, I still can't figure out why I lose the songs in my playlists every time I upgrade. It's simple - export playlists, then import playlists, right? BUT, while the playlist names show up, the list of songs do not. Windows 10, MC32 on my primary. Windows 10, MC26 on my 2nd. I hope someone can help me. The last time, on my 2nd computer, I had to manually look at a hard copy I printed and create new playlists by dragging songs into the pane after upgrading to 26. I still haven't upgraded the 2nd computer yet to 32 so my playlists are still there. My primary computer was just upgraded to 32 and here we go again!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can Import Playlist Name But Not The Song Names
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2024, 10:35:06 am »

Maybe the locations of the music changed or you haven't imported the music itself, just the playlists.

MC32 should automatically find your old library and media. 

You can try restoring a backup from your old version.

Don't try to move your files and upgrade at the same time.

You can use Library Server to share your files from one machine to another.  The Media Network topic on the wiki explains how.

pjcentral

• Recent member
Re: Can Import Playlist Name But Not The Song Names
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2024, 03:06:58 pm »

The music files are all in the original locations. They neither moved nor were deleted. When upgraded from 26 to 32 on computer #1, I didn't export or anything else. Only upgraded on the same computer and the songs didn't show up though the playlist names did show on 32 and 26. The playlists also remained without songs when I opened 26 on computer #1. So, the only way I have the playlists showing which songs are on them is on computer #2 which hasn't yet upgraded to 26.

Attached file shows the playlists which I exported from computer #2 in an attempt to import them into #1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up