Devices > Video Cards, Monitors, Televisions, and Projectors

Subtitle Position with madVR

(1/5) > >>

Drybonz:
The global subtitle position is a good addition.  If I have set a sub position in a movie, individually, how do I remove that preference and have them go to the new global position?  It seems as if once they have been set individually the global is ignored.

*edit*  Actually, unless I'm missing something, subtitle shift doesn't seem to be working at all now.

Drybonz:
I always use .srt subtitles because they are color customizable, size, etc...  In the past I have been able to adjust their position and was looking forward to the global positioning, but I can't seem to position them at all now, global or individual.

Bob Sorel:

--- Quote from: Drybonz on April 23, 2024, 07:39:04 pm ---I always use .srt subtitles because they are color customizable, size, etc...  In the past I have been able to adjust their position and was looking forward to the global positioning, but I can't seem to position them at all now, global or individual.

--- End quote ---
Don't check the checkbox...Instead, adjust the global vertical positioning by entering negative values to raise the subs and positive values to lower them. Works great here.

For example, in my constant image height setup, I simply enter a global percentage of -11% for perfect positioning for 2.35:1 movies. Since it is global, 16:9 subs will also be raised by 11%, but it is the lesser of 2 evils. There is no perfect solution that works for every video due to the various ways that Hollywood creates video, sometiimes with the black bars baked in and sometimes without. You would be able to simply use the checkbox without entering any percentage shift IF the content creators stopped baking black bars into the video.

Hendrik:
If you use JRVR's black bar cropping, that should also work together fine. Or at least is supposed to, if it doesn't work let us know.

Drybonz:

--- Quote from: Bob Sorel on April 23, 2024, 09:07:09 pm ---entering negative values to raise the subs and positive values to lower them. Works great here.
--- End quote ---

Ah... thanks, Bob.  I was using positive values to raise them, as it shows on the context menu.  I reversed it after reading your tip and it works fine.  I guess they weren't going any lower because they would have been off screen?  Anyway... thanks for the help.

*edit*  Actually, it seems to only work if I enter a value over -20.  If I enter -10, there is no change... but if I enter -20, they move way up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version