INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Feature Request - Playback cycle changes and fixes  (Read 87 times)

rbmjr

• World Citizen
MC Feature Request - Playback cycle changes and fixes
« on: May 03, 2024, 04:32:11 pm »

This has taken me months to document due to the number of devices participating in my Media Center network, my limited knowledge of how MC works and my own coding errors. However at long last I think i have fixed many of my own issues and found a few that I would like to ask the JRiver team to address. This feature request post it has to do with the Media Center playback cycle.

1) can we have a Before Playback Expression?

2) During playback expressions in Playing Now execute multiple times. To prevent IsPlaying() from spilling over to other library records in the queue I've had to "lock" IsPlaying to the current library record by adding a library field also called IsPlaying. So when IsPlaying() is true and the library record also indicates that it is playing there is no spillover.

If( And( [IsPlaying] = 1, IsPlaying() )...

3) when I enable Theater View the Playing Now expressions stop working. I can only assume the After Playback expressions also stop working. Can this be fixed?

4) Stop After or end of queue occurs before the After Playback expression executes, therefore I can no longer use If( And( [IsPlaying] = 1, IsPlaying() )... instead I have to create a Global variable and save to it the FileKey() then compare the Global variable value to the library records FileKey() to ensure that I am modifying the same library record.

If( [GVFileKey] = FileKey() ),...

Can the Stop After or end of queue occur after the After Playback expression?

Pages: [1]   Go Up