INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intel Iris XE, HDR Support  (Read 247 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
Intel Iris XE, HDR Support
« on: May 06, 2024, 12:05:23 am »

Hi guys. recently swapped my aging htpc (with a NVIDIA 1050ti gpu) for a shiny new mini box thing. Lots more grunt, but obviously has an integrated GPU, in my case Intel Iris XE. My tuning process has reached the stage of wondering why Im not getting HDR output. I've looked back and found a few threads on the subject, including several unanswered questions, but no definitive answer.

So, in simple terms, does MC support HDR output via an Intel Iris XE? If so, how do I configure it? If not, are there any plans to fix the problem.

Thanks 

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Intel Iris XE, HDR Support
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 01:19:26 am »

We just use windows HDR support which should be hardware agnostic. Can you set your desktop to HDR in Windows?
What does the information box in the JRVR HDR settings say?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 02:09:24 am »

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2024, 10:08:38 am »

I thought you might say that. I'd been looking at the way VL C handles HDR and it's the same model. I'd looked at Windows HDR a while back and it looked terrible. I'd tried switching it on this morning, and it does work. Without fiddling the desktop looks terrible, but if that's the way everyone is going, I'll have a play. Thanks for the info

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2024, 11:08:31 am »

You can let JRVR turn on HDR only for video playback - check in the JRVR Output settings. That should work in general, although no experience with Intel. That way you don't need to run the system on HDR permanently.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

slerch666

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2024, 07:08:29 am »

Hi guys. recently swapped my aging htpc (with a NVIDIA 1050ti gpu) for a shiny new mini box thing. Lots more grunt, but obviously has an integrated GPU, in my case Intel Iris XE. My tuning process has reached the stage of wondering why Im not getting HDR output. I've looked back and found a few threads on the subject, including several unanswered questions, but no definitive answer.

So, in simple terms, does MC support HDR output via an Intel Iris XE? If so, how do I configure it? If not, are there any plans to fix the problem.

Thanks
I have a 12th Gen Intel w/ Iris or whatever built in. HDR works just fine on this machine, along with all the scaling juice I could ever need.

I set Use the display... Automatically switch... Enable HDR to HDR... Use HDR 10+ tone map... and the defaults for anything with numbers.

Just verified that my Lawrence of Arabia UHD BD rip does flip the HDR switch it looks as expected w/ HDR on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up