INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accessing new NAS on Id Linux system  (Read 224 times)

fegelmej

• Recent member
Accessing new NAS on Id Linux system
« on: May 07, 2024, 04:38:34 pm »

I had to upgrade my NAS as the old WD myBook was having performance issues.  Installed the Buffalo 2Tb unit, and moved all my files and have had great performance on my windows machine. 

Now trying to re-direct the Pi which is the last unit in the signal path to import the files from their new location. 

Using the command for External drives I give the Static IP address, say no to a Windows machine, read only, and I've tried accessing as a guest and with the NAS UserName/PW. 

In all circumstances the drive is not accessed. 

The Buffalo OS wants a proprietary accessing software installed, which I've done on the Win machine, but on other Win machines I have not, and the Run prompt //Static Ip is also not allowing access. 

Buffalo doesn't offer a linux OS for the NAS, and even if I found a workaround, how do I get it installed on the PI as it goes directly to JRiver App?  Any other workarounds greatly appreciated.

fegelmej

• Recent member
Re: Accessing new NAS on ID Linux system
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2024, 04:56:29 pm »

Buffalo says there is no need for proprietary software in order to access the NAS.  So, now it's back to JRiver to understand why the external drive command is not seeing the NAS

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Accessing new NAS on Id Linux system
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2024, 12:56:56 am »

Is this a JRiver IdPi?  There's a special board for it on the forum.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/board,42.0.html

You could read some of the threads there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up