INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Management  (Read 241 times)

manolo2001

• Recent member
Library Management
« on: May 08, 2024, 09:48:54 pm »

Hi, I have been a JRiver user for quite some time, but I recently had my system crash and had to reinstall everything, windows on up.  All the settings I had were lost and I forgot how I set up JRiver to import newly ripped files.

Whenever I get a new CD I use a folder called RIP to hold the new ripped files and I want JRiver to read that folder and copy the new files to the library, but actually make a copy of those files in the library folder, not by linking to the RIP folder, but actually moving/copying them to the JRiver library folder called FLAC.  How can I set it to do this ??  And for it to be an automated process ??

Thanks

Manolo

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: Library Management
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2024, 11:09:37 pm »

Do you have any library backups from your old setup before the system crash? The library backup includes your MC settings. You can restore one of the old library backups and you'll get the library management and file move rename settings you had before.

The default location for library backups is in
C:\Users\<user>\Documents\JRiver\Media Center 32\

Restore the last good library backup you had and you should get your settings back
File >> Library >> Restore Library...
click the checkbox to "Restore settings"

manolo2001

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2024, 07:56:28 pm »

Hi, no backups.  Thanks anyway

Frobozz

• There is a small mailbox here.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2024, 09:14:38 pm »

To set the location where MC saves ripped CD files go to
Tools >> Options... >> File Location >> Audio (CD rips and Podcasts)
There you can set the folder and the naming rules

To copy files from your C:\RIP folder use the Rename, Move, & Copy Files dialog
Tools >> Library Tools >> Rename, Move, & Copy Files...
or right-click on selected files >> Library Tools >> Rename, Move, & Copy Files...

What you'll likely want to do is add C:\RIP to the folder(s) that MC watches and auto-imports to the library.
That will get the new files added to the library. Then you can right-click on the new files and use the Rename, Move, & Copy Files dialog to copy them to the location you keep your music files.

The Rename, Move, & Copy Files dialog is complex and powerful. Be careful when using it. Double-check things to make sure it is going to do what you want before hitting the OK button.

Wiki page for Rename, Move, & Copy Files here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2024, 12:54:07 am »

Hi, no backups.  Thanks anyway
JRiver makes automatic backups.  Use the file manager to search for *.zip 
Pages: [1]   Go Up