INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can MC/YADB "How To" question.......  (Read 594 times)

Marko

Can MC/YADB "How To" question.......
« on: February 07, 2003, 12:45:38 am »

K, been having fun this week ripping some of the better stuff in my old vinyl collection (boy, there's some embarrasments in there :o)
Now, in the sound recorder dialogues, you can enter the artist/album info and then ask MC to check YADB for possible track names. Brilliant, worked pretty well for me 8)

So, from the main media library view, say I select an albums worth of files, all tagged with the correct track #, artist and album info, but only generic "track01" etc. track names, then from tools, I ask MC to lookup the track info, it always seems to fail. I tested this out on an album that had returned the correct track names for the sound recorder, and it failed too.

So, at least for the album mentioned above, I know for a fact YADB has the info as MC was able to retrieve it for the sound recorder.
How do I get MC to retrieve (and apply) that same information from the standard library view/tools?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can MC/YADB "How To" question.......
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 03:10:39 am »

The track lookup is different from the CD lookup -- two different sets of data.  The track database is a lot newer and still filling up.  You can help if you have well tagged tracks by submitting them.

I think I have a full set of early Beach Boys somewhere.
Pages: [1]   Go Up