INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you change the order of zones listed under Playing Now?  (Read 205 times)

haggis999

• Citizen of the Universe

The order of my zones listed under Playing Now in MC32 appears quite random and it doesn't appear to be possible to drag them into a more logical order.

What is it that controls the order of those zones?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
Re: Can you change the order of zones listed under Playing Now?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2024, 02:17:19 pm »

It is always in alphabetical order for me. I used to use a number in front of the zone name to force the order I wanted, but did not like the extra tab width that generated.  I ended up figuring out a very short naming scheme (to keep the tab width minimum) that also orders them as desired when alphabetized.

Note: if you rename a zone to reorder it, it does not instantly move to the new position - click on the refresh button at the left end of the tab bar and it will reorder (restarting MC also works).

I agree it would be great to just drag zones to the desired positions, but there must be some coding issue that makes it impossible, or I would think it would have been implemented a long time ago... but then again, maybe it has just been overlooked?

haggis999

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2024, 02:43:11 pm »

The entries in my Playing Now list (showing initial letters only) are A, A, S, T, Z, D, K, L , L, which is far from being in alphabetic order. It's been like that for a week or two on a PC that is rebooted every day.

I've just experimented with using numbers at the start of each name and then refreshing the screen. I then ended up with the order 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 3, 5, 7, 9

haggis999

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2024, 02:51:28 pm »

I've just realised that those zones automatically generated by MC (based, I think, on the available DLNA links discovered by MC) are always given lower priority in the list than my other zones. Within each zone group (non-DLNA and DLNA) the order is alphabetic.   

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2024, 02:54:10 pm »

Interesting.  Yeah, I don't use DLNA at all... just a straight vanilla connection from my computer to the TV.

haggis999

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2024, 04:08:18 pm »

To be honest, I don't think I've ever found a use for those DLNA zones, so I've just gone to Tools > Options > Media Network and deselected the DLNA Server, Renderer, and Controller checkboxes, which has resulted in those zones disappearing from the Playing Now list.

I can now use numeric prefixes to sort the remaining zones in my preferred order.

Pages: [1]   Go Up