INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing skin entries for PlayerBar Buttons?  (Read 785 times)

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Missing skin entries for PlayerBar Buttons?
« on: May 28, 2024, 01:21:06 pm »

In the skins I've looked at, I do not find separate skin entries in the main.xml <PLAYERBAR> section for two button menu items in the PlayerBar, just to the right of the Position Slider (see attachment).

Can these two menu items be skinned with their own custom images, like the other menu items?  Currently they default to other button images (Repeat Off and Shuffle On respectively).

If not, please make it possible.

5/29/2024 Corrected defaults.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Missing skin entries for PlayerBar Buttons?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2024, 01:43:29 pm »

Not possible today.  We could add support but no skins made yet support them.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2024, 01:45:31 pm »

Not possible today.  We could add support but no skins made yet support them.
Not a problem if I can now add them to my own custom skin.  That is what I am looking for.

Maybe others will add them later once they become available.  So you will have to maintain the current behavior as default if image is not specified, but allow for distinct images going forward.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2024, 02:13:25 pm »

How about we try this in a coming build:
NEW: Skins look for a ContinuousStopButton image and use it for the stop mode if found.
NEW: Skins look for a ShuffleAutoButton button and use it for the auto shuffle mode.

Thanks for the help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2024, 02:21:35 pm »

NEW: Skins look for a ContinuousStopButton image and use it for the stop mode if found.
NEW: Skins look for a ShuffleAutoButton button and use it for the auto shuffle mode.
Sounds great (both "if found").

I will reveal my button images after testing!   :)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2024, 02:39:06 am »

Shouldn't this be extended to include an Optional Image for the Shuffle Albums option?
In addition shouldn't the Shuffle Album option be in the upper (shuffle) part of the RMB menu and not the bottom (reshuffle) one?
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2024, 03:04:39 pm »

Shouldn't this be extended to include an Optional Image for the Shuffle Albums option?
In addition shouldn't the Shuffle Album option be in the upper (shuffle) part of the RMB menu and not the bottom (reshuffle) one?
Currently "Shuffle Albums" is a one-time command.  When run, it reorders tracks by track number within each album, and then shuffles the album order in the Playing Now list (if a track is playing, its album is listed first).  It is not automatically triggered by any additions to Playing Now - it needs to be run "manually".  So as it operates today, "Shuffle Albums" belongs below the line, does not need its own button image, and may as well be last.

Above the line, the two ON items switch between particular shuffle modes.  They don't always behave intuitively ("Shuffle Automatic" is a real challenge - see quote below), but nevertheless each one results in some kind of ongoing defined behavior while selected.

All this is not very obvious from the present Shuffle menu.  The menu would benefit from a little labeling, perhaps on the line, something like:

--- One Time: ---
--- Once: ---
--- 1x: ---
--- Reshuffle: ---

or an equivalently labeled flyout menu, or change "Shuffle Albums" to "Reshuffle as Albums", . . .

References:
The forum has many shuffle threads.  Here's a relatively recent one on "Shuffle Albums":
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=136603.0

Re "Shuffle Automatic":
When you play something with a mixture of artists and albums, it'll shuffle.  Think picking "Classic Rock" from Theater View or the panes.  In this case, there's no good reason to always start with Abba. (even though Abba starts with A)

If you play a single artist, album, or start at a specific file (like a double-click in a list), it won't shuffle.

5/30/2024 Edited for clarification.

Win11 Pro (64 bit) | MC 32.0.50

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2024, 04:59:39 pm »

Thanks Matt for your rapid response.  Implemented and tested in 32.0.51 (beta) - works a treat!  :)

As promised, attached are the artwork files I'm currently using, designed for dark mode skins.

To try:  Save a back up of your skin folder.  Then drop all into your skin folder and add two lines of code to its main.xml <PLAYERBAR> section:
Code: [Select]
<Entry Name="ShuffleAutoButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_ShAutoButton.png" NumberImages="3" Scale="2" />
<Entry Name="ContinuousStopButton" Bitmap="PlayerBar_ContStopButton.png" NumberImages="3" Scale="2" />
Check your two DSP and other Bitmap filenames against the ones I used.  Scale may need to be adjusted for your skin.
Two additional files are in the next post.

5/30/2024 Edit:  Replaced PlayerBar_ShButton.png with a color-corrected version.
6/09/2024 Edit:  Replaced PlayerBar_ContStopButton.png with version which has a simplified filled stop square (instead of unfilled, to distinguish it from my unfilled Stop Now square button).  It is now more consistent with the simple filled square in custom toolbar button "Stop After Current File".

Win11 (64 bit) | MC 32.0.51 (current beta)

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2024, 05:02:46 pm »

... continued from previous post, remainder of the artwork attached.

5/31/2024 Edit: Replace PlayerBar_DSPButton.png with re-sized and white color version.  The DSP button opens a settings popup window.  It does not, in itself, indicate an On/Off state, so I do not gray it out or change hue.

6/09/2024 Edit:  Re-posted my earlier PlayerBar_ContStopButton.png (renamed) for those who might prefer it over the new simplified filled square version in previous post.
6/13/2024 Confirmed these buttons work as expected in Release Ver. 32.0.55.

Pages: [1]   Go Up