INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 32.0.51 for Mac Silicon/Intel Universal build  (Read 356 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

This is the latest build of JRiver Media Center 32 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download Universal Silicon/Intel 64 bit build
https://files.jriver-cdn.com/mediacenter/channels/v32/latest/MediaCenter320051-Universal.dmg
(minimum requirement MacOS 10.13)

32.0.51 (5/31/2024)

1. NEW: Skins look for a ContinuousStopButton image and use it for the stop mode if found.
2. NEW: Skins look for a ShuffleAutoButton button and use it for the auto shuffle mode.
3. Changed: Modified the information text below the "Do not merge MJMD [People] tag with XMP data" option.
4. Fixed: In image Face-tagging tool with no existing regions, the initial mouse cursor was a scroll/move type, instead of a rectangle selection type.
5. Fixed: In image Face-tagging tool, click-and-drag in an area outside of any existing regions did not work as expected (it created a default-sized rectangle centered around the last mouse position, instead of creating a rectangle the user intended).
6. Changed: Updated Chinese (simplified) translation file (thanks YanJun Sun).
7. NEW: An option to show the image Action Window is presented in the menu on the image in the tag window.
8. NEW: An option to skip merging MJMD People data into XMP.
9. Changed: Reverse Geocoding will use "municipality" for [City] field, if other elements ("city", "town", or "village") are not found.
10. NEW: Added a "Combine Playlists" command to the right-click when you select multiple playlists.
11. Changed: Improved responsiveness when starting playback of a video while an audio file is fading out.
12. Fixed: Text subtitles would render with their drop shadows cut-off at the beginning and end of line in some cases.
13. Changed: Reverse Geocoding data will be cached to disk files so that the next time a file with matched location will load from the cached file without hitting the server.
14. NEW: Added an MCC to show the view header menu (MCC_SHOW_VIEW_HEADER_MENU / 22045).
15. Changed: Before running Reverse Geocoding, MC will ask whether to run Update Library (from tags) if some of the selected files have deficiencies in GPS data.
16. NEW: Users can enter their own keys for Geocoding (Options > General > Online metadata).
17. Changed: Updated Czech translation (thanks Jan Boháč).
18. NEW: Added a tree & view option to set the alignment of number columns.
19. Fixed: Fullscreen mode on MacOS Ventura (macOS 13.x) and newer when playing video (wasn't hiding menu bar and dock).
20. Fixed: When a popup window is put into fullscreen mode it will now still show the menu bar and dock (to match MC windows behavior).

32.0.45 (5/14/2024)

1. NEW: Reverse GeoCoding - populating location data (country, state, city and sublocation) using GPS coordinates of images.
2. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukáč).
3. Changed: Updated libplacebo in JRVR to the latest version.
4. Changed: Added an error message pop-up when there is server error in Reverse GeoCoding.
5. Fixed: When searching on playlists accents were not handled properly.
6. Fixed: State/Province data might not be loaded properly when doing Reverse GeoCoding, for some locations.
7. Changed: During Reverse GeoCoding, if the GPS coordinates match (or are close enough) to an already processed image, we use the known data, instead of hitting the server again.
8. Changed: "Places" field will contain "Sublocation", in addition to "Country", "State/Province", and "City", when either doing Reverse GeoCoding, or loading from image tags.
9. Changed: Updated the Catalan language (thanks Josep).
10. Fixed: Changing users could incorrectly issue stops to the server zones.

32.0.44 (5/2/2024)

1. Changed: Simplified Slow Motion OSD menu text.
2. NEW: The "Slow Motion Playback" right-click/context menu is enabled for videos played in (non-DirectShow) JRiver Video Engine.
3. Fixed: For videos played in (non-DirectShow) "JRiver Video Engine", slow-motion playback would not work when transitioning from normal rate to slow rate, if VideoClock setting was on.
4. NEW: Add custom file info templates file selection in Theater View Options. Can select any file placed in {Library Directory}\Templates.  Pre-MC32 templates file is automatically copied there for selection.
5. Fixed: VideoClock setting might not be turned back on after it was temporarily turned off due to slow-motion playback, if the user stopped playback while it was in slow-motion.
6. Fixed: Improved rendering of Unicode characters outside of the Basic Multilingual Plane.
7. Fixed: Playing video in slow-motion with mute might not work especially if VideoClock setting was initially on.
8. Fixed: Playing a new video while a video is in muted slow-motion playback might leave the new video muted too.
9. Changed: Video Slow-motion context menu will include muted slow-motion items.
10. Fixed: The Slow-motion OSD might be out of sync with the actual playback speed if the speed was set via context menu.
11. Fixed: Subtitles with JRVR will be stretched properly when using anamorphic rendering.
12. Fixed: Theater View file info templates were not handling , as a decimal separator for FPS. (v2.9 of templates file)
13. Fixed: If the VideoClock setting is on, changing from normal playback speed to slow motion speeds might not work initially.
14. Fixed: If playback of a video is stopped or a new file is started while doing slow-motion playback, playback of the next file would be marked as slow-motion, even though the actual playback speed is normal.
15. Changed: Added a note on the direction of the subtitle shift to the video settings dialog.
16. Changed: MCC commands to set the global JRVR profile can be called outside of playback (Output profiles will always refer to the primary display in this case).
17. Fixed: Maximizing some windows like Options could be a problem in the last builds on some displays.
18. Changed: Some MCWS calls default to false for switching into no UI mode (File/GetInfo, Files/Search, Files/GetInfo, etc.).
19. Fixed: Slow motion OSD menu was accidentally enabled for non-video playback types (image, audio, etc.).
20. Fixed: Slow motion via OSD did not try to avoid conflict with VideoClock setting.
21. NEW: Add FPS icons to Theater View file info templates.  Video definition now uses ranges instead of exact heights. (v2.8 of templates file)
22. Changed: Changed how slow-motion playback is invoked, so the DSP Studio window will not pop up.
23. Fixed: Monitors could maximize too large since the change to not show them in the Alt+Tab list.
24. Changed: Updated Greek translation (thanks Panagiotis).
25. NEW: OSD menu for Slow Motion Playback.

32.0.38 (4/18/2024)

1. Fixed: Manual shifting the video image could result in subtitles being drawn off-screen.
2. NEW: Added an option to control subtitle position globally (as a percentage shift from the default position).
3. NEW: Added an option to limit subtitles to the active video rect, instead of using the black bars (if possible).
4. NEW: Added list view display option to Panel.
5. Fixed: Buttons in Playing Now bar in Panel would sometimes overlap when resizing.
6. Fixed: Rectangles drawn on an image in Image Editor or Image Face Tagger did not reposition correctly when the image window is resized (including resizing of MC main window).
7. Fixed: Some keyboard shortcuts did not work properly in the image editor.
8. Fixed: The image editor could have problems when zooming and scrolling the image when cropping or using other tools.
9. Fixed: The IsPlaying expression didn't work with DLNA files.
10. Fixed: An issue with 24 hour time showing properly when being used. Needs testing.

32.0.36 (4/12/2024)

1. NEW: The top image in a fanned stack of thumbnails is stored so if you stop on an image, it will be used (added a stack_tops.jmd file to the database).
2. Changed: Image Face-tagging tool is no longer a part of Image Editor tools.
3. Fixed: Parallel processing of many files could crash due to a timing problem.
4. Fixed: Some images could crash the EXIF parser.
5. NEW: Added a new MC command (31010) and a context menu item for Image Face Tagging.
6. Changed: Theater View file info movie template now shows small poster. (v2.7 of templates file)
7. Fixed: Spotlight & Theater View Background images account for a movies IMDB Id to pick the right movie.
8. Changed: Slovak translation updated (thanks Peter Lukáč).
9. NEW: Added the ability to configure the default profile used in JRVR, in the config dialog, context menu, as well as MCC (10080-10083).
10. Fixed: Theater View file info templates in Mac and Linux were not showing cast or recommended thumbnails.  Also reduced default spacing between thumbnails so they render without wrapping.  (v2.6 of templates file)
11. Fixed: Sat>IP channels that have been recently scanned/re-scanned did not play.
12. Fixed: Views configured for JRemote, Gizmo, etc. didn't work properly when a category was at the root.
13. Changed: When adding padding channels with the new extra channels system, they are no longer marked as having data so they won't be used in mixes or show in Audio Path (feedback appreciated).
14. Changed: Made Audio Path report the number of filled channels instead of the number of total channels of audio.
15. Changed: Reordered the web links menu so manage and reset are at the top and a link doesn't take the keyboard shortcut.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
Re: JRiver Media Center 32.0.51 for Mac Silicon/Intel Universal build
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2024, 07:52:35 am »

32.0.51 (5/31/2024)
19. Fixed: Fullscreen mode on MacOS Ventura (macOS 13.x) and newer when playing video (wasn't hiding menu bar and dock).
20. Fixed: When a popup window is put into fullscreen mode it will now still show the menu bar and dock (to match MC windows behavior).

I'll address these 2 in reverse order-
I put the DSP Studio window into fullscreen mode and the menu bar and dock was showing but there was a delightful surprise, the menu bar didn't have Black Text on a White background - it had White Text on a Black Background.
Plus when I moved the mouse up to the top of the screen a second std. Apple white background menu bar appeared under the 1st one with the Mac Close, inactive "Minimise" and Mac Exit Fullscreen Buttons showing, when I clicked on the Green "Mac Exit Fullscreen Button" the DSP Window was redrawn to the size it had been before I put it into Fullscreen Mode"

I tested this one with MC in both Video and Audio Modes plus I did some checking to see what would happen if I used the various ways to switch between Display View & Plying Now/Standard View.

After selecting a single audio track Video MC automatically switched to Fullscreen Display Mode and when I went fishing for the Player Bar it correctly dropped down. At the end of the track/video MC returned to Playing Now with both the Dock & Menu Bar Visible.
I then fed a Playlist of 10 audio tracks into playing now and then right clicked on the "Display Panel" and selected the "Open Display View Option". Once again when I went fishing for the Player Bar it correctly dropped down. Once again when MC had run out of tracks to play it returned to Playing Now with both the Dock & Menu Bar Visible.

Now for the Bad News when playing either a Video or Audio Tracks if I used any other method to get from Playing Now to Display View when I went fishing for the Player Bar it didn't drop down instead the Display View Window shot of to the right to reveal the Player Bar sitting on the desktop.
Unfortunately the bad news doesn't end there I prefer to use the Alternate (newer) Display View Variant, the one where the Player Bar is locked in place. In Fullscreen Mode when looking for the Player Bar if it dropped Down into view then Display View went into "windowed mode" with the Menu Bar and Dock Visible. But if the Player Bar was off to the left of the main Display View window Display View went into  "windowed mode"  but with only the Menu Ba was present, the Dock had gone into a "non-standard Autohide" mode. When I went to the settings page I has to switch Autohide for the Dock on and then off to get it to stay visible.

To summarise if the Drop Down version of the Player Bar is present in Display View then when MC returns to Standard View the Dock and Menu Bar will be visible, but if the Display Now Player Bar is on/in a separate window/page when MC returns to Standard View only the Menu Bar will be present and the Dock will have gone into a "non-standard Autohide" mode.
Plus there is another problem with the off to the left variant of the Player Bar if the user hovered their mouse on either the left or right edge of the Display View window. As they move their mouse over the Desktop + Player Bar screen/window the player bar has a bad habit of vanishing from view.

Differences between Fullscreen Display View on the Mac and the Win PC:-
On the Mac when Display View opens the std Apple Menu bar slides to the left to reveal a Black Stripe.
On the Win PC the Video occupies the full height of the Display View Window, on the Mac it occupies the area between the bottom of the black stripe that replaced the menu bar and the bottom of the window.
On the Win PC the user can access the DSP Studio Window, from the DSP button on the Player Bar, when MC is playing either a Video or Audio Track, but on the Mac the DSP Studio is only accessible when an Audio Track is being played.
On the Win PC moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen in Display View also brings up the Drop Down Player Bar into view, on the mac it doesn't.

I'm not sure if this was down to me having MC play out through my 7.1.4 Soundbar, Sonoma 14.5 or me, or MC, accidently triggering one of those "Apple Undocumented features (AKA Bugs)". But for at least one Audio Track and One Video and using Cmnd+3 to switch to Display View when I went fishing for the Player Bar the Screen switched into Ping Pong mode rapidly switching between showing the Display View and the Player Bar without me even moving the mouse, thankfully hitting Cmnd+1 brought an end to it playing Ping Pong

Something else I spotted, all my tracks are 48/24 flac files, on the win DSP studio says they are being played as 48/24, until a change was made it always said 48/32, but the mac is still telling me it's playing them as 48/32; I'm guessing that's probably down the Mac insisting on using CoreAudio even though it was Bitstreaming, via HDMI. the Audi to the soundbar.

This Pix01 gallery reveals some of what I was seeing including a video that has a white menu bar with only the Widows Control Buttons on it in their "greyed inactive state" and a Display View window with the White TeXt on a Black Background Menu Bar - https://pix01.jriver.com/tM1%4078uR 
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

stefanovesa

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2024, 03:22:02 pm »

Hello,
I still have issues when playing audio CDs. The CD ejects suddenly beetwen tracks. The drive is Apple Superdrive USB connected to MacBook Air M3 via Apple USB-C to USB-A adapter or Apple USB-C to USB-A/HDMI adapter. MacOS is Sonoma 14.5. No issues playing audio CDs with Apple Music. Is there any logs that I can provide?
Regards,
Stefano

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2024, 03:57:21 pm »

I'll look at the fullscreen stuff more when I get a chance.
The only changes I intended for this build was the showing of the menu bar when clicking on the full screen button on a system menu (like options, dsp studio)
and the not showing the menu bar and dock when playing video.

On my machines these basic changes work as expected.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2024, 03:58:42 pm »

Hello,
I still have issues when playing audio CDs. The CD ejects suddenly beetwen tracks. The drive is Apple Superdrive USB connected to MacBook Air M3 via Apple USB-C to USB-A adapter or Apple USB-C to USB-A/HDMI adapter. MacOS is Sonoma 14.5. No issues playing audio CDs with Apple Music. Is there any logs that I can provide?
Regards,
Stefano
Start logging just before playing and stop when an error occurs. Report the log using the link in Help->Logging or email it to me
bob (at) jriver (dot) com

stefanovesa

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2024, 03:22:15 am »

Hello Bob,
thanks.

Logs sent.

Regards,
Stefano

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2024, 03:20:36 pm »

Hello Bob,
thanks.

Logs sent.

Regards,
Stefano
I can see the issue. Working on a fix. It will take a bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up