INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermittant problem  (Read 92 times)

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Intermittant problem
« on: June 02, 2024, 07:58:46 am »

The slider control for volume works sometimes on my MAC and always works fine on my Windows and Raspi 5 with same device and music.   I tried both my Intel and Apple silicon Macs and they both have this issue.   Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't

Have I got a settings problem somewhere?

I'm controlling volume with a DLNA/DAC endpoint

If I output sound to my computer speakers the volume slider works perfectly.   If I output to the DLNA device, the volume slider sometimes works but usually doesn't (music is on a network NAS).   The Audio Path shows "Not using JRiver audio engine"

Seems I have something messed up.

Dennis in FL

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Intermittant problem
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2024, 02:22:46 pm »

Update:  I gave up and instead switched from DLNA to a Direct USB cable to my DAC.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Intermittant problem
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2024, 02:36:04 pm »

In general you'll be happier with the USB connection.

The volume thing is odd. It works with pretty much every renderer I've seen, however the latency can be pretty big.
When outputting to a DLNA zone, the Audio path will always say that it's not using the JRiver engine. In most cases that will be true (the default original format choice in the DLNA server settings will send a track as a separate unprocessed file). However if you are doing a conversion or decode to PCM the engine can be used but it will still not show up in the audio path.
Pages: [1]   Go Up