INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SoundSpectrum visuals for MC  (Read 219 times)

andy55

• Recent member
SoundSpectrum visuals for MC
« on: June 06, 2024, 12:02:15 pm »

Hi friends,

Andy O’Meara here, creator of the G-Force, Aeon, WhiteCap line of music visualization software SoundSpectrum that has long been available as a visualizer for MC. I wanted to express my deep thanks to the JRiver community for sharing in this journey, as well as provide a overdue update on the future of SoundSpectrum.

Very soon, we will release new versions of our existing products for mac and Windows, improving compatibility with OS modernizations and support.  I wanted to open up a conversation about our current MC visualizer plugin support, as well as future integrations between MC and AMP (our next-gen 3D visualization platform currently in development).

To start, it would be great to connect with someone on the MC side that can help me get building again for recent versions of MC.   The MC SDK I have is from many years ago and does not build under VS 2022.  Someone kindly request that Matt A or whomever message me and we hopefully we can work through what's blocking me -- and I can restore support for JRiver MC. :D

Warm Regards,

Andy O’Meara
SoundSpectrum
https://soundspectrum.com

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: SoundSpectrum visuals for MC
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2024, 12:12:20 pm »

Hi Andy.  It's great to see you around!

We haven't changed the visualization SDK for a long time.  We have moved to Visual Studio 2022.

If you want you can send me email.  I'm matt at jriver.

Cheers :)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
Re: SoundSpectrum visuals for MC
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 01:15:27 pm »

Hi friends,

Andy O’Meara here, creator of the G-Force, Aeon, WhiteCap line of music visualization software SoundSpectrum that has long been available as a visualizer for MC. I wanted to express my deep thanks to the JRiver community for sharing in this journey, as well as provide a overdue update on the future of SoundSpectrum.

Very soon, we will release new versions of our existing products for mac and Windows, improving compatibility with OS modernizations and support.  I wanted to open up a conversation about our current MC visualizer plugin support, as well as future integrations between MC and AMP (our next-gen 3D visualization platform currently in development).

To start, it would be great to connect with someone on the MC side that can help me get building again for recent versions of MC.   The MC SDK I have is from many years ago and does not build under VS 2022.  Someone kindly request that Matt A or whomever message me and we hopefully we can work through what's blocking me -- and I can restore support for JRiver MC. :D

Warm Regards,

Andy O’Meara
SoundSpectrum
https://soundspectrum.com

+++++1!  this is great news. 

I've been happy with Milkdrop3, but it does not integrate with MC. But even if it did, I love switching things up and G- force and Aeon are very different animals from Milkdrop3 - you can never have enough great visualizers!

Other people seem to be able to get SoundSpectrum to work with MC even now, but I haven't had any success for many years now (even after implementing the very detailed steps provided by the great Marko).  For me, G-force/Aeon are viewable and cycle through different appearances as expected, but simply will not react to music within MC - and I have fiddled endlessly with all sorts of settings to get it to work.

I am looking forward to the updated versions.  Any chance previous SoundSpectrum buyers can get these new versions at the upgrade price as opposed to buying brand-new licenses? I have old G-force/Aeon platinum licenses.  In the past, you have generously provided a one-month trial of your new versions, but I've never been able to get them to work either, so was unwilling to upgrade as a result.

In any event, welcome back in I cannot wait to see your latest efforts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up