INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hairstyle Issues  (Read 597 times)

sraymond

Hairstyle Issues
« on: February 05, 2003, 08:22:32 pm »

With v107, Hairstyle seems much more stable - previous versions seemed to cause media core crashes.

I have three initial comments on missing functionality:

1.  In the Media Library I can't select with the keyboard specific media files to play.  Same for playlists.

2.  Noises activate even when moving the mouse cursor within a button - very annoying!  This isn't an issue when using the keyboard, but I'd think the mouse would be used occasionally.

3.  There are no indications (icons?) to show that buttons scroll up or down off the screen, and there's no indication (icon?) that there's a "back" button.  The forward button is nice from a functional perspective (although aesthetically, the skin coudl use some work - I know, it's still early!)

And, in general, there is a noticable "slowness" when navigatiing...  not always, but enough to be bothersome.  It seems to have to think real hard sometimes.

Oh...  and the Display Options acts strangly.  If there is nothing playing now, it opens a black screen (just the background and PIP) - whcih can cause some confusion as there's no indication what's happening.  And there's also a problem with the "Statistics".  Doiubling-clicking opens the window, but pressing enter seems to cause the window to open and then quickly close again.

Overall, it's getting much better!

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Hairstyle Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2003, 01:15:21 am »

In answer to 1 you can have a view scheme which shows names eg Artist/Album/Name.  This will allow the selection of individula tracks...not ideal but the only way I can see at the moment.

I too noticed a definite slowness since the upgrade to the new Hairstyle which didn't exist before but I am guessing this will be ironed out as the code is optimized.

I have a few ideas to improve Hairstyle but don't know if the guys are ready for them yet??  Is this a wait til have to bug fixes kind of thing??

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up