Devices > Video Cards, Monitors, Televisions, and Projectors

Dropouts when bitstreaming Atmos through an HDMI 2.1 AVR with nVidia 3xxx GPUs

<< < (2/19) > >>

Manni:
Correction, I did more tests in 4K120 and I’m getting freezes/dropouts too.
At this stage, only 4K 8bits at native frame rate (TDMS) seems to resolve the issue (along with not using bitstreaming of course).
I’ve edited the first post to reflect this.

SamuriHL:
That's not an option for me.  I do ATMOS and DTS:X so not going to happen as a "solution".  8 bit is also not great.  I will do the testing this weekend to see if it works but it's by no means a solution in my book.

Hendrik:
The only bitstreaming I do is when playing Netflix, which is playing through a browser, and that also has occasional drop outs. It seems like a fundamental problem, rather then any software issue.

Manni:

--- Quote from: SamuriHL on June 19, 2024, 06:16:02 pm ---That's not an option for me.  I do ATMOS and DTS:X so not going to happen as a "solution".  8 bit is also not great.  I will do the testing this weekend to see if it works but it's by no means a solution in my book.

--- End quote ---

I never said either was a solution, they are just ways to limit the issue by compromising either the sound quality or the picture quality.

8bit isn’t great, but there is no visible difference here, I haven’t noticed any additional banding, but I haven’t tested for this specifically. With madVR, using 8bit with HDR content only added a tiny bit of noise near black that was only visible with your nose on the screen. I suspect it will be similar with JRVR if 8-bit is confirmed as a workaround.

We need 10bit on the content side for HDR, not so much on the display side with good dithering. Not ideal, but good enough as a workaround if there are no visible downsides.

I find 8-bit less limiting than losing true immersive audio, so that’s what I’m testing at the moment.

I’ve created this thread to find a better solution, so I’m also hoping for a breakthrough. :)

DocCharky:
Or you could save a lot of time and energy (but not money...) and buy a RTX 4xxx.

It solved all Atmos issues for me including this driver one : https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1997341#post1997341

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version