Devices > Video Cards, Monitors, Televisions, and Projectors

Dropouts when bitstreaming Atmos through an HDMI 2.1 AVR with nVidia 3xxx GPUs

<< < (3/19) > >>

Manni:

--- Quote from: DocCharky on June 19, 2024, 10:36:26 pm ---Or you could save a lot of time and energy (but not money...) and buy a RTX 4xxx.

It solved all Atmos issues for me including this driver one : https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1997341#post1997341

--- End quote ---

Thanks, but the last time I tried a 4060 I still got Atmos dropouts, so I sent it back. That was before Hendrik improved things in LAV though, so I could give it another try. I would try my 1080ti first though. Which exact 4xxx (brand, model) did you get ? A 4070ti super (the first model at least as good as my 3090) would cost me more than $1,000, so not a cheap solution.

Note that I don’t have any of the issues you reported in that post with my 3090, so there is clearly something else that’s wrong in your setup. Please could you also post your detailed info, as I did in the first post, so we can have details of a non-working config with a 3090 and working with a 4xxx? Thanks!

Manni:
I installed my 1080ti without changing anything (shut down, swapped GPU, restarted with the same drivers etc). I only set the correct settings in JRVR as they had reset to default.
No dropouts with 4K23 12bits. So this shows that it's definitely specific to the 3090.
I might just keep the 1080ti in the HTPC and use the 3090 in my E-GPU with the laptop when I need more GPU power for games or editing.
If someone comes up with an exact 4xxx model that's guaranted to work at 4K119 without dropouts, I might give it a try.

mumford:
Just the HDMI port or does the DP port has same problem?  Maybe a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter can reduce or solve the problem?

Manni:

--- Quote from: mumford on June 20, 2024, 01:15:14 pm ---Just the HDMI port or does the DP port has same problem?  Maybe a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter can reduce or solve the problem?

--- End quote ---
Nope, tried that a while ago and it didn't help.

Manni:
I've ordered a Zotac Trinity 4080 Super, as that's about the only 4080 that can fit in my HTPC case. I should receive it tomorrow. Let's hope it will be as good as the 1080ti for MC duties, otherwise it's going back. I'll keep the 1080ti in the HTPC and will use the 3090 as an the E-GPU for the laptop for video editing and possibly gaming. Won't be as good as the 3090 in the HTPC, but it should be better than the 1080ti.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version