Devices > Video Cards, Monitors, Televisions, and Projectors

Dropouts when bitstreaming Atmos through an HDMI 2.1 AVR with nVidia 3xxx GPUs

<< < (17/19) > >>

SamuriHL:
I'm watching JW3 right now off the NAS (I didn't want to change more than one variable at a time and I'm already running this on a whole new machine).  So far, half way through, no drops at all.  Usually I have at least one by now.

mumford:
Maybe you guys can increase the cache.  When I use MPC-BE with MadVR, I use 4G cache.

SamuriHL:
Off the NAS on the ASUS machine...not one single drop.  I don't remember the last time I was able to watch a movie on an HTPC without a single drop.  The only change for me in my setup was going from the AMD 5900x on a 570e board to the Intel i7-1100kf on a ROG Strix G15CE.  (The memory sticks are the same as I used in my AMD machine) I'm thoroughly amazed.  Obviously far more testing will be required.  But I've not been able to do a movie without a single frame drop in forever.

Manni:

--- Quote from: SamuriHL on June 24, 2024, 06:42:24 pm ---Off the NAS on the ASUS machine...not one single drop.  I don't remember the last time I was able to watch a movie on an HTPC without a single drop.  The only change for me in my setup was going from the AMD 5900x on a 570e board to the Intel i7-1100kf on a ROG Strix G15CE.  (The memory sticks are the same as I used in my AMD machine) I'm thoroughly amazed.  Obviously far more testing will be required.  But I've not been able to do a movie without a single frame drop in forever.

--- End quote ---

Glad something positive is finally coming out of your ordeal, and it confirms that a 4xxx isn’t necessary to get a drop-free experience, though I’d watch at least 3-4 more films before drawing a conclusion. It’s happened to me quite often to have no drops for a while, then the drops would come back. But as I said, there has been various software factors at play, which explains why things have changed. Intel vs AMD might be the explanation your side, but it’s not here as I’m still using the exact same hardware. 

SamuriHL:
I'll get back to it eventually.  My 2 month old Alienware 4080 laptop just decided to no longer boot.  So I'm dealing with a full windows reinstall at the moment.  All my calibration software, davinci, etc all have to be reinstalled.  I'm....."unhappy" right now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version