INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Success: JRiver MC32 with Topping D10s DAC especially for NATIVE-DSD  (Read 57 times)

BasMolly

Good news!
JRiver Media Center 32 works very well with the lovely Topping D10s DAC. It gets better. I have succeeded in getting the NATIVE-DSD connection working.
The Topping D10s DAC, while acknowledged not to be at the very top of the audiophile ladder, is superb value for money with gorgeous sound for a very modest outlay.
If you want to play 1xDSD and 2xDSD files, you can! However please note that you have to visit the Topping website, find the USB driver file. Its full name is Topping_Driver_installation_and_use-guide562.zip. Install the driver and read the very clear instruction specifically aimed at JRiver Media Center.
You will be rewarded with wonderful audio. In closing, I am  delighted for once to offer a solution, instead of asking questions!  :)

craigmcg

• World Citizen

Congrats! The driver (https://dl.topping.audio/usermanual/Topping_Driver_installation_and_use_guide.zip) has recently been updated to the latest version of the Thesycon USB ASIO driver 5.68 which addressed a security vulnerability described below. This being the case, you might want to uninstall the affected 5.62 version that you linked, reboot, install the new 5.68 version, then reboot again before checking if you need to make any settings changes (I didn't). I did this for my pc using the Topping DM7 and my pc using the E70V DACs.

Security Advisory (CVE-2024-25376)

An Insecure Permission vulnerability in the MSI-based driver installer has been reported by Julian Horoszkiewicz from the Eviden Red Team. The MSI installer before v5.68 allows a local attacker to execute arbitrary code via the msiexec.exe repair mode. A local user can trigger msiexec in repair mode (/fa flag) on the MSI package present in C:\Windows\Installer. In result, a copy of tlsetupfx.exe executable is executed with SYSTEM privileges, from the local %TEMP% directory, creating a race condition giving the regular user an opportunity to switch executable files (e.g. DLLs) and get their own code executed as SYSTEM.

All TUSBAudio driver installers after v5.40.0 and before v5.68.0 are affected.

For more information about this vulnerability, see also CVE-2024-25376.

Thesycon has fixed the vulnerability in v5.68.0 and provides updates for all affected driver packages.
Pages: [1]   Go Up