Devices > Video Cards, Monitors, Televisions, and Projectors

Approx 2 to 3 framedrops and repeated frames on low fps movies [Solved]

(1/4) > >>

tkolsto:
Hi I have now formatted(with killdisk) the system disk a second time and installed win 11 pro again, but to no avail. I still get framedrops on any nvidia driver I have tried and my setup is very simple. windows update and asrock inf, me, lan driver installed, installed latest mc 32 (version 55) and done the defender taming and recommended nvidia setting vsync, power and and disable variable freshrate.

I have a rtx 3050 8gb msi and in jrvr i always load the quality settings and leave it at that and I prievously never had any problems with that and use sdr 8 bit and does not turn on hdr in jrvr setting as this gives far less artifacts and unwanted rendering. I have also tried to load lower quality settings but to no avail.

I dont expect somebody to fix this for me as I have had this for some time now. But Am I the only one with this problem? I had it perfect some time back using nvidia driver 531.79 but that also dont work now. So I tend to think that it is windows update, but then again this would certainly be a topic here on jriver.

Is this common problem or is it most likely problem to my system.

JimH:
Are you following this thread?
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,138989.msg964744.html#msg964744

DocCharky:
Do you use framerate matching ?

tkolsto:
I set up by custom and not auto regarding frameratematching. 23.976fps to 23 hz and 24 fps to 24 hz and so forth. I set up the other ones too, but I almost only render movies 23.976/24 fps..

is auto better?

tkolsto:
Thank You, Jim! for the link. So it could be hdmi or gpu that is not good enough anymore from what I understand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version