INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.106 beta  (Read 11320 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 9.0.106 beta
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2003, 11:04:19 am »

>> Why not forget about YADB
Not going to happen

>> and get freedb
No Control Over Program Data And How It Works, I played with the DLL's and it is a bit lacking

>> Or CDDB
MJ Had CDDB, Most Major Jukeboxes have droping CDDB due to the Cost that went up from $10,000 To $60,000. i have a license to use the CDDB DLL's and they could be better along with the dirty database that needs alot of work. so it is really not worth the money.

YADB will get better Gateley works on it almost daily trying to work out any bugs and adding enhancements.

if you feel a need to talk about this YADB you should start a thread, and we can leave this one for bugs.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

mrwul

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2003, 11:22:39 am »

Yes, you are right. Meanwhile, I started a thread
days back ago - see in the other forum. Seems I am not
the only one... Well, anyway really!! hope it will be solved soon. thank you.

jakobluck

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2003, 11:23:01 am »

BUG
When ripping a multiple artists album, tracks are ripped to different artists' folders instead of a Multiple Artists directory.

Marty3d

« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2003, 01:17:14 pm »

MC 9.0.106
*NEW
- Warning during install "Low system resources. Please close all running applications". Resources are NOT low
*OLD
- Auto Smartlist "Top Hits -- haven't heard for over a year" doesn't order by numberplays, so it really doesn't show any "Top Hits". Same issue for "Top Hits -- listened to today" UPDATE: Now the "Number Plays" keyword isn't included at all!
- View Scheme doesn't work with Date Imported. Shows the different date in  the tree, but nothing under each item (search panel shows: [Date Imported]=[16 days, 10 hours ago]...perhaps it should convert to a date?)
- Auto Smartlist "Recently Imported -- last 100 tracks" sets a time limit of 10080. Perhaps there should be no time limit at all since you want to see the last 100 items?
- The slider in File Properties (state docked or not, doesn't matter) flickers between skinned and windows standard when dragged or clicked
- Can't copy/paste correctly in Search panel
- Search panel wizard flukey. Doesn't work nicely with Replay Gain, lists a thousand different values and trying to get 0 OR ? files is impossible, wants to show all 0 AND empty. By the way, the wizards   <empty> doesn't work. IMHO it should be totally re-written/designed.
- Analyzing audio sets RG to '?'
- Undo doesn't work when pasting from one search panel to another (not tried this build, but not reported as fixed)
- Installer doesn't remove old install entries in add/remove programs. (Media jukebox entry)
- Media Center is named Media Jukebox in Task Manager - Processes
- Shift-Deleting a file in Playing Now reorders the list after the current sorting order
 Before:
 9 Delerium Enchanted
 5 Delerium Silence
 1 Depeche Mode Somebody
 After:
 1 Delerium Enchanted
 2 Delerium Silence
 3 Depeche Mode Somebody
- Shift-Deleting (delete from hd checked) bugged. The player pane shows Media Center 9.0 and "buffering..." It seems that MC loses focus on which file is currently playing and especially which song comes next. The sound hangs in the end of currently playing track. The "Please select file to play" dialog   is now missing (9.0.105:If you stop and play again, you get the "Please select file to play" dialog)
- Wheel-scrolling in any list doesn't use system settings. Instead it always scroll 1 line at a time (my system setting is 3 lines to speed things up), causing scrolling through long lists a minor pain

*QUESTIONS
- What does the checkbox "Next time, use autoinstall after 30 sec timeout" mean? Express install or automatically custom install?

Media Center Registered 9.0.106 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1007 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 49 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2003, 01:46:41 pm »

media server problem:

When I try to use a client connected to media server, I cannot stop,pause,ff,rewind, go to next track. The problem is new to .106.

Media Center Registered 9.0.106 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1400 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 337 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive M:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive M: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2003, 02:31:21 pm »

It seems that MC is not only not keeping its file associations (even with the Scheduler active), it's losing them ALL.  I consistently find that all the file types I had checked in MC have lost all their checks.
Toast goes in the toaster.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2003, 03:35:51 pm »

Cerebus,

It seems that MC is not only not keeping its file associations (even with the Scheduler active), it's losing them ALL.  I consistently find that all the file types I had checked in MC have lost all their checks.

I've reported the same bug the last couple of builds.  The problem appears to occur when you use the "select all" or "unselect all" buttons or manally select all of the file types.  I've found that my selections are saved if I manually select not more than half of the file types.

tuxster

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2003, 05:12:27 pm »

Speaking of file associations:

REQUEST:
Group file associations by file type (Mp3, windows media, realmedia, quicktime, image file, video file, etc.). That way, if a user wants to use Media Center for audio, but not for video and images, they have an easy way of checking and unchecking the various associations.

For example, I do a lot of picture editing and have no interest in associating Media Jukebox with images. So every time I install, I have to go through the long list of extensions and figure out which are image extensions and uncheck them one by one.

tuxster

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2003, 05:33:24 pm »

To anyone with a library problem.

Our guess is that this only happens when you uninstall 105 before installing 106.

Then, when installing 106, it assumes that the library should be in the Media Center\data folder and not where it probably still is in Media Jukebox\data.  

You can probably fix this by copying the jmd files from one directory to the other.

My installation to my laptop (Win2000 Professional) over the previous beta worked fine

However, when I tried to install it on my home computer (Win98 SE) which never had Media Center installed, I got the same "failed to load the specified library" - "failed to load any library." critical error. Since I don't have an old library on this computer, I can't get it to work at all (I'll try to copy the library on my laptop tomorrow).

In addition, even though the installation completed successfully without any errors, it failed to create the Start Menu and Desktop icons.

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2003, 07:04:35 am »

I've reported the same bug the last couple of builds.  The problem appears to occur when you use the "select all" or "unselect all" buttons or manally select all of the file types.  I've found that my selections are saved if I manually select not more than half of the file types.

Usually what I do is hit Select All the deselect the ones I don't want (which are just GIF and the JPGs).  I also discovered this morning that, no matter what I do, MC refuses to keep the RealMedia formats and even when they are checked, RealAudio still pops up to play them.
Toast goes in the toaster.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2003, 07:45:44 am »

New Bugs

1. Clearing a library deletes all view schemes and view groups

2.  Unable to create new libraries: I created a new library. When I tried to load it, I received the message, &#8220;Media Center failed to load the specified library. It will revert to the default library.&#8221;

Media Center Registered 9.0.106 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium III 996 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 272 MB

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.4718 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2003, 08:53:59 am »

1. Clearing a library deletes all view schemes and view groups

They're part of your library.

To delete all files, search for ~d=a, select all, and delete.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up