INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote access and multiple server definitions  (Read 373 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
JRemote access and multiple server definitions
« on: July 19, 2024, 10:08:58 am »

I use JRemote to point its output at my WiiM streamer, and whereas the WiiM app is very slow, JRemote is as fast as pointing its output to smartphone itself.

Whereas my server had been configured for ‘original format’, I want to try adding DSP options (e.g., upsampling), and while the WiiM can see both configurations for the server, JRemote offers no such method for choosing ‘original’ versus ‘DSP enabled’…

Please advise…

Edit… I see your DSP over DLNA sticky post. I’ll try multiple servers, and get back…

Edit2… I still don’t see how JRemote offers a way to select either configuration. That is, there doesn’t seem to be any way to select the server by name, rather only by access code or IP address… and no obvious way to designate a different port…
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

shAf

Re: JRemote access and multiple server definitions
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2024, 10:38:41 am »

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DSP_Over_DLNA

Thanks Jim… I configured the WiiM’s zone to work with the “DSP enabled” configuration for the server. I’ll be trying it tonight, but it appears that it’s something I cannot redily compare with the “original” configuration because my listening station is upstairs from the server, but I will be able to test its practibility/efficiency of the DSP calculations..

Cheers!
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up