INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLAC files converted to MP3 - WIN11  (Read 776 times)

KyGuy

FLAC files converted to MP3 - WIN11
« on: July 06, 2024, 05:48:30 pm »

Newbie here so be kind ;)

Just dumped Sonos and am running an EverSolo DMP-A6 Master Edition connected via Bluetooth from an HP laptop with an external HD. EverSolo is hardwired to receiver/amp, pre-amp, subwoofer amp and speakers are hardwired. That's the set up.

The high def audio files on the external HD show up, when viewed through File Explorer as FLAC files. When viewed on JRiver they appear to have been converted to MP3 format which kind of defeats the purpose of this exercise.

I'm guessing I checked, or failed to check a box in the original setup for FLAC files and can't seem to find my way to a solution.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BigSpider

• Galactic Citizen
Re: FLAC files converted to MP3 - WIN11
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2024, 06:10:35 pm »

JRiver is acting as a media server for your EverSolo DMP-A6 Master Edition. Go to Tools/Options/Media Network And select add or configure DLNA Servers and set up the server to send the files in original format. You are probably using a DLNA server set up to send music files as MP3 format. Course I could well be wrong.
English spiders are kind of small, but when I was living in the African rain forest well ......

kensn

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2024, 09:04:57 pm »

The external Hard Drive is connected to the laptop. Is this correct?

File explorer on the laptop shows FLAC files on the external Hard Drive. Is that correct?

The files in JRiver show up as MP3s. Is this correct?

How were the files imported to JRiver?
If(IsEmpty([Coffee Cup]), Coffee, Drink)

Striker

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2024, 03:05:40 pm »

First thing to check... is the drive/folder the same when looking at the files using Windows Explorer compared to MediaCenter?

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2024, 07:43:24 pm »

And when you say "When viewed on JRiver" is this in a library view when you are browsing or when you are playing them?

KyGuy

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2024, 04:53:46 pm »

Radio silence was due to getting married last weekend and the crush that occurs during the lead up.

I got Eversolo so that it is connected to the HD on my HP laptop. Apparently on the first go round JRiver imported both drives. I didn't see the option to select which drive I wanted. All FLAC files imported.

Now to get JRiver to communicate with the Eversolo.  Played some great tunes last night!!

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2024, 01:32:45 pm »

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the wedding! So I guess instead of Eversolo, you should be using Everduo now!? 😆
Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up