INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio and Video Settings Problems  (Read 198 times)

gradu8ed

• Recent member
Audio and Video Settings Problems
« on: July 06, 2024, 09:03:30 pm »

I've been banging my head on this for the last few weeks and am stuck. I have two problems as I come to you hat in hand for advice.

The first is an audio issue. I’ve got MC32 running on a Mac Mini M2Pro with HDMI (certified cable) going direct to the LG which is a 4K HDR panel, and a small 24” old Dell 1080p from a USB C to HDMI adapter.

Audio from the LG, which is set to pass the audio through without any changes, goes via optical digital cable to a Sunfire Theater Grand processor which has Dolby Digital and DTS as well as a DAC that will handle up to 24/192.

Problem 1 is that no matter how many channels the source has, 2.1, 3, 3.1, 5.1 etc. I only get 2 channel output. I can go into DSP Studio with Output Encoding set to none and manually change the channels but it makes no difference. When I check the Audio Path, for example watching Baby Driver it shows that it is converting 7.1 channels to 2 channels. If I change the Output Encoding to Dolby Digital, as soon as I select a video and hit play, MC instantly shuts down then I have to restart and go back and turn Output Encoding back to none and back to square one.

The second issue is a video problem. The Mac mini is HDR compatible and recognizes the LG is HDR. But when I go to Options -> Video -> JRVR settings -> Monitor #0 (which is the HDR LG) is not recognized as being HDR.

Best all,

Matt
MC29, Mac Mini M2 Pro, Synology NAS DS920+, LG 77” G3, Sunfire Theater Grand IV Preamp/Processor, Sunfire Cinema Grand (5 x 200 watts per channel), VPI TNT-5 turntable w/JMW 12.6 Memorial Tonearm, Audio Physic Spark III floor-standing mains, Audio Physic Center II, Audio Physic Step surrounds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up