INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Description field tagging problems  (Read 258 times)

IHUser

• Recent member
Description field tagging problems
« on: July 07, 2024, 04:42:05 pm »

Could someone please tell me why the "description" field in MC32 is suddenly being filled in with "file name"? I have not imputed any info into this field. It should be blank and yet the program is duplicating the file name in this field. I've tried erasing their description entry and then resaving the file, but the file name reappears in the field again. Any help would be appreciated.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Description field tagging problems
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 10:39:28 pm »

Check to make sure you haven't set up an Expression to  automatically populate the description field because that is one way MC would repopulate that filed after you delete its content

IHUser

• Recent member
Re: Description field tagging problems
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 11:42:49 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, I have not created any expressions. I have created a template to rename certain image files as [Album]_[Track #] ([Description]), but normally the description field is blank. Now, suddenly, MC32 seems to be populating it with a copy of the original file name. I go in and delete the unwanted description, do something to edit the file and then hit "Save and Exit". When I go back to the folder, the description is back (as the copy of the file name). I've tried clearing my library and re-importing all my image files but these description misnomers are still there. I don't know what's happened.
Pages: [1]   Go Up