INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Window no longer shows under Alt+Tab  (Read 480 times)

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
DSP Window no longer shows under Alt+Tab
« on: July 08, 2024, 06:10:42 pm »

I often have multiple zones playing and show their corresponding DSP windows for easy access. I use alt+tab to see all those open DSP windows and easily select the one I want to adjust.. until recently that is. That no longer seems to be possible. Not sure exactly how long ago this stopped working (a couple of months maybe).  I use Alt+Tab constantly, so I sure hope this is just a bug that can be fixed and not a permanent change. 

Maybe the behavior was inadvertently changed when item 1 of 32.0.39 on 4/22/2024 was made?
https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes_MC32

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
Re: DSP Window no longer shows under Alt+Tab
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2024, 01:21:29 pm »

Bumping my post in the hope the devs respond.  Obviously I don't want... "Sorry Charlie, that's just the way it is now" as an answer, but at least it's an answer.  Really hoping the prior behavior can be resurrected.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2024, 03:13:49 pm »

In 32.0.36 we made this change:
Changed: Tools like Analyze Audio no longer show in the Alt+Tab list (they could duplicate in some cases).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2024, 03:25:07 pm »

Okay… But the analyze audio window is not the DSP window.

So I presume you are saying that the 32.036 change affected the DSP window as well?  If so, is there no way this can be fixed so at least the DSP window shows with Alt+Tab?  The way it is now makes accessing the DSP for multiple active zones super clunky.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2024, 04:35:55 pm »

So I presume you are saying that the 32.036 change affected the DSP window as well?  If so, is there no way this can be fixed so at least the DSP window shows with Alt+Tab?  The way it is now makes accessing the DSP for multiple active zones super clunky.
agree with this, I only just noticed this myself recently and I think it's a regression in user experience. I can understand hiding tool dialogs like Analyse Audio but DSP studio is more like a fully fledged window in itself that one wants to be able to interact with at will via usual OS means.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2024, 04:02:55 pm »

it's a regression in user experience
regression - nicely put

In 32.0.36 we made this change:
Changed: Tools like Analyze Audio no longer show in the Alt+Tab list (they could duplicate in some cases).
So prior behavior that was useful all the time, was removed in favor of something that occurs some of the time?
Pages: [1]   Go Up