INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: List of Compatible DLNA / UPnP Streamers  (Read 329 times)

MGintis

List of Compatible DLNA / UPnP Streamers
« on: July 10, 2024, 08:57:26 am »

Context and Background: My PSAudio DSDDAC (The Original) recently died. I bought the New MK2. It does NOT have what used to be called the Bridge-II card option --- which served as a JRiver endpoint. I have the NEW PSAudio AirLens (Streamer), however it does not seem to correctly process the volume control from JRiver or ConverseDigital mControl Connect.

Question: So --- I need a new streamer. Can you give me a list of streamers (at almost any price point) that do JRiver Compatible DLNA / UPnP on the input-side and (PSAudio-flavor) I2S on the output side (to the DAC)? The "Volume Control" on the controller App is a large part of the problem.

Thanks,

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: List of Compatible DLNA / UPnP Streamers
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2024, 06:21:46 pm »

Thought this might be a job for an LLM, but of course suggestions without validation.

ChatGPT & Gemini say:
Here is a list of streamers that are compatible with JRiver via DLNA/UPnP on the input side and support PSAudio-flavor I2S on the output side to the DAC:

1. **PS Audio PerfectWave DirectStream DAC**
   - While primarily a DAC, the DirectStream DAC with the Bridge II or Bridge III can function as a network streamer, supporting DLNA/UPnP input and PSAudio-flavor I2S output.

2. **Wyred 4 Sound MS Music Server**
   - This music server supports DLNA/UPnP and can output via I2S, compatible with PSAudio's I2S configuration.

3. **Sonore ultraRendu**
   - This versatile network player can support DLNA/UPnP through third-party software configurations (such as JRiver) and can be connected to an I2S-compatible DAC using a suitable I2S interface.

4. **Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2**
   - This digital interface can act as a bridge, taking DLNA/UPnP input from a network streamer or computer and providing I2S output compatible with PSAudio's specifications.

5. **Auralic Aries G2.1**
   - The Aries G2.1 is a high-end streamer that supports DLNA/UPnP and can be paired with the Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 to provide PSAudio-flavor I2S output.

6. **Lumin U1**
   - This network transport supports DLNA/UPnP and can be used with an external I2S interface to connect to PSAudio-compatible DACs.

7. **Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra**
   - This streamer supports DLNA/UPnP and can output via USB, which can then be converted to I2S using an appropriate interface like the Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2.

Each of these streamers or combinations can provide the DLNA/UPnP input and PSAudio-flavor I2S output you are looking for, covering a range of price points and feature sets.
Pages: [1]   Go Up